new article on Coach Johnson

yellowphysics

Jolly Good Fellow
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10753615

My favorite part:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Johnson, 50, doesn't much hold his tongue. In fact, the new coach is going lengths to defend his offense. When Georgia Tech's leading returning receiver James Johnson said "... we're going to hope that Coach does not do all that much running. We just hope he's saying all that to trick people," Johnson came out firing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "He caught 30 balls (actually 25) and they went 7-6," Johnson said. "If something wasn't wrong, if what they were doing was so great, we wouldn't be here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "It's not like we're coming in here and dismantling this high-powered machine that was lighting everybody up."[/FONT]

:laugher:

Our players are going to learn to watch what they say. I imagine CPJ let JJ have it privately after hearing his comments and reacting publicly.

I would hate to have been JJ after PJ found out that he said that.

:bowdown: I love it! Say goodbye to [techgator1066] Pu**y-ball! [/techgator1066]

I would hate to have been JJ after PJ found out that he said that.

i actually think PJ loves all the stupid stuff that is said about his offense how silly the whole classification thing is, and how that must mess with the opponents in not being quite sure what to expect

i expect us to win. i expect us to run effectively and i expect us to be able to complete about 10-15 passes a game, averaging about 15-20 yards each.

Go Johnkets! I mean Go Jackets!

10-15 passes a game, averaging about 15-20 yards each.

That would exceed our passing production in previous years, that's for sure.

Paul Johnson talks a helluva game and I'm pretty sure he's gonna back it up on the field. He's got some serious swagger, which will no doubt be passed on to the players.

Chan's quotes were vanilla...just like his offense.

I'm so glad we have Paul Johnson. Offense and super quotes. Swweeeeeeeet.:biggthumpup:

People are comparing PJ to O'Leary, but I think he is much more like Bobby Ross in that he will not settle for anything less than pefection. Mostly that's what you hear about PJ--he is an absolute perfectionist.

I remember Ross' mantra to the players "Perfect practices make perfect games". It darn well almost made a perfect season, and it did bag GT a National Championship.

It may take a season or two, but I think you'll see GT consistently in the top 15 as long as PJ is on the flats.

i cant get to it at work, but if that is the Poodleface "custom made" video with Rick Nature-Boy Flair, then i watch this daily and laugh my a$$ off!

"he said, Natch, .. Rick, .. Champ, ... I'm gonna make the price right!"

Brother . . . your credentials are unlimited.

Back