New Commit

perhaps some Chan Stealth recruiting. This kid wasn't on our page a couple of months ago. Also... offers from very good schools. I think he might be one of those overlooked by the rating systems type kid.

Originally posted by 33jacket:
...big offers from very good schools. I think he might be one of those overlooked by the rating systems type kid.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">33,
Which schools made these big offers you refer to?
According to contact buzzes link above, this guy is unranked nationally and it shows us as the only school to offer.
Can you clarify?

I think the reason other schools hadn't offered is that he seems to have had an early-stated preference for small schools like Grambling, East Carolina and others. That's why Virginia Tech backed off. He seems like a quality recruit who, GASP!, might have wanted to get himself a good education. Welcome aboard, Greg!

By the way, according to Insiders, Rutgers, Maryland, Wisconsin, Ohio State, UCLA, and Iowa all offered.

BW, the Hive page at the bottom says he was offered by Fla, FSU and UT. Just what would you consider big time? Former BCS #9 team Stanford?

Originally posted by beeware:
Originally posted by 33jacket:
[qb]...big offers from very good schools. I think he might be one of those overlooked by the rating systems type kid.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">33,
Which schools made these big offers you refer to.QUOTE I believe if I read it right thatFLA. FLA.ST. AND TENN.

We're quibbling now. The guy's a top recruit, end of story.

There's no negative spin on this.

man tough crowd. He got offers from bigtime schools FSU, UF UT Ohio state. What the hell is the deal with some of you folks. you need more
drinking.gif

Master B gives the list of offering schools on The Hive thread. He also mentions that Greg was one of the silent verbals posted earlier this week.

Thanks for the clarification. When I clicked on contact buzzes link it said we were the only one to offer. After reading your replies, I clicked on it again and it shows several offers. And then I clicked on 33's link and it shows a bunch of offers from totally different schools. Kind of weird.
Anyway, welcome Mr. Hill. Glad to have you on board.

Florida St., Tenn, UF, and GT

that is the kind of recruiting company I am looking for

Congrats GT staff on landing a big fish

The latest comment from one of the Borderwars
admins is that Greg is likely a 4 star WR who
slipped below radar because he's from New Jersey
and didn't get much publicity down here.

I'd wager they pay attention to the remainder of
his season now.

Is this Greg Hill related to the Greg Hill that starred for Maryland under Bobby Ross? He also was a great receiver that caught 3 TD passes against Miami at Miami when the Terps overcame a 30-0 halftime deficit to win 42-40. If our Greg Hill will equal their's I will be ecstatic over
this signing.

This guy's recruiting reports are all over the board. His star rating, speed, and school's who offered vary from site to site. Never have seen anything quite as confusing as this one. Are we sure there is only one Greg Hill being recruited? :^)
BOO

I wonder if he will play wide receiver or defensive back. Seems to have some great numbers at the defensive back position.

ahsoisee - I am almost positive that he'll be a WR at Tech. I also hear that he'll likely have a very good shot at seeing the field next year.

bobby dodds ghost - I know what you mean by all of his physical stats being all over the place. I've seen him from 6'00" to 6'02" and 40 times from 4.35 to 4.70. From what I've been told, some of his 40 times are overstated but he is also far from slow. I also hear he has "good size", so I imagine 6'01" and close to 190 is probably about right. That's pretty dang solidly built for a WR. I'm really looking forward to seeing him on campus.

Back