New Commit!

Great linebackers in this class. I'm worried one might decommit because of the number. The 3-4 needs more linebackers though!

Definitely see where your coming from!
Hopefully they all just look at themselves as tools for Groh's trade..seems like Groh's got some good young backers now to school up and get some playmakers out of

This year's LB class is one of the best pulls I've ever seen at Georgia Tech.

We needed DL dudes bad...BUT, this makes it somewhat palatable.

Some of those linebackers will turn into defensive ends in a couple of years

Some of those linebackers will turn into defensive ends in a couple of years

I wouldn't count on that too much. Some of these kids are coming in at 215-230 pounds. It's not that easy/some aren't willing to put on 50-60lbs and move to a position they've never played before.

He has an offer from Illinois. Let's hope Anthony grades are up to par. ;)

You must have never seen UVA LBs. They were all behemoths.
+1
Groh was asked at signing day last year what his preferred size was at OLB, and he answered :

"In a perfect world, we would be 6'4 250 across the board."

I think we will see at least one move to DE in a year or two though. Some kids aren't done growing, and some aren't instinctive enough to play LB.

I remember reading a while back someone on here who quoted Groh saying how he loves his linebackers to be big, preferably 240-250lbs, being that big at inside backer is almost a necessity due to how much you'll be taking on the offensive guards who have unoccupied A gaps and essentially an open path to you.

I was speaking to the number of linebackers in the class, not the size of them.

These kids all grow for the next couple of years. Some grow more than others and I'm certain a few of them will end up on the line.

Good to know we're stealing recruits from Wake instead of Duke or East Carolina.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/georgiatech/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Harrell-109221

You can look at his offer list here. I know this is you trying to be witty, but the kid's commitment to Wake wasn't because of a lack of interest.

Cincy
WVU
NC St.
UConn
Colorado St.
USF

Not a bad list of offers. And any guy with offers from Harvard, Princeton, and Army has to be smart.

His dad is the coach at Jesuit, and they have tons of talent coming out of there every year. I'll trade Willis for this kid 8 days a week.

Take 'em where we can get 'em.

But seriously, I'm most excited about our LBs. That's such a key component to the 3-4, glad we're giving it the attention it deserves in recruiting. Our D should be solid in 2 years.

Direct access to the Jesuit pipeline that brought us guys such as Anthony Allen (though indirectly).

Oh f*cking SCORE.

WELCOME TO TECH, YOU FINE YOUNG GENTLEMAN YOU. I know I've had alot of caffeine, but this is one of the highlights of my recruiting experience this season. This is exactly the kind of guy I want on my team and he fits extremely well to his position, too. A perfect addition. He may not be a 5* by scout or whatever, but his intangibles will carry him far beyond our expectations. ADDITIONALLY, this guy will want his degree. Happy to have a future 4-5 year player on defense. Oh and his factory connections.

Guys, screw all those decommits. This class is a really good class for us.

Back