NEW Commitment!

83jacket - good point on OL being toughest position to grade

techrod - good point in that you can't have a full class of "sleepers"

The latest story on JacketsOnline has these nice points about Kevin:

-Leadership and character award
-Works out with 405 bench press (6 sets)
-3.77 GPA
-Wants to major in mechanical engineering
-Wants to play Center but will play where ever
-Only postseason award named so far is All-Northeast Ohio, and he made 1st team (All-Conference & All-State lists not out yet)

This tells me he is strong as an OX, smart, has good character & leadership qualities and a good attitude. Definitely the makeup for a good Center. Welcome Kevin!

It is a reasonable assumption that a new commitment will go to the message board and read the posts after he commits.

Please use good judgement when posting.

We all should be happy that this young man chose to continue his education at GA TECH.

I'm very excited. Something we need to start building on is the O-Line so that when DeBo is our man he won't get banged up. Great report and keep'em coming. Welcome Kevin!

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Hey, I don't care who is, or is not, recruiting a kid. It is the coaching staff's job to assess his talents. If they think he is good, we can only wait until he enrols at Tech and see how he progresses.

It would be sort of foolish to judge him before he ever plays a down at Tech.

I think we could us a ton of 6'5' 285lb linemen. Sounds pretty good to me. If he is rated 4star, he has to be considered a good prospect.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I couldnot agree more ahso.

As other people have said, offensive line is a difficult position to judge a high school recruit on. The center positon is probably the most difficult. This kid has good size and an excellent GPA. I think Coach D can develop this kid. I feel like he's a solid pickup for Tech.

WOO HOO! Thanks Law. Wasn't sure by this list he was a commit. Max just doesn't have him listed as a GT commit yet.

Heard it hear first. Welcome Kevin. Interesting they're projecting him as a center. He's a tall lad.

Wonder if he is the other commit Coach has been talking about that wasn't on the list or is there another one?

Offered by Toledo and Vandy- this is not the kind of talent i'm looking for, although he may turn out great. Lets hope so.

I can remember when coach Ross first got to Tech his first priority was BIG,BIG linemen. Kevin Battle a 6-5 315 pound lineman at nose tackle and many other huge linemen was the foundation of his program. I remember that the Ga. fans were goading us by saying that we were bragging about our linemen recruits and would ask cynically-how many parade all american do you have? of course the answer were none, but this same class of linemen we the catalyst to our emergence to a top
football team. Of course Ross didn't forget about
the skill positions as he brought in QB's Jeff Howard and Shawn jones along with a flock of WR,s
led by Emmett Merchant and a superb tight end Tom Covington. This was a mixture of both High Profile
and other players who were not so well known who completely turned our program around. This sounds like the same approach that CG is taking and I hope he is as successful as Bobby was. These next three months are going to be very interesting because it will tell us a lot about the future of our program.

Say what you will ,it is SAD when this much discussion is done on ONE guy!He looks to a solid recruit that could turn out to be nothing or great.
We are BORED and worried obviously.

I started to post , but promised I wouldn't on this topic until we had more.

I am just glad we recruited someone! Now how about some GA kids.

Back