New Conference

texstinger

Dodd-Like
GT, CU, UM, FSU, VT, UVA, UMd, Pitt, Cuse, BC, WVU, PSU, ND, (UCF, Louisville, Whoelse?) Maybe ncsucku to tick off whine & cheese crowd.

It could happen. UNC and Duke are more worried about "olympic sports" and thus may get their wish. I think if they get UVA to join them the decision to go for Syracuse vs. VA Tech will come back to haunt the football folks. I think now it all depends on how much political pressure the Pres of UVa can stand to vote for it.

Those are some great programs listed there. I just hate to see the "super conference" come about. Schools should be somewhat close geographically in my opinion. That's what really intensifies rivalries. But that's probably what the future holds for most of the conferences.

If I were the rest of the conference members, I would form a new conference with present members of the ACC, Syracuse, Boston College, Miami, and two others wishing to replace Duke and North Carolina.

Let Duke and North Carolina go off by themselves and find new members to fill the ACC back up with their own kind.

rolleyes.gif

Back