New GT President

I really want a pair, but there's nowhere to get them near Atlanta. Closest place is Athens I believe. Where'd you get yours?

I got mine in Los Angeles, so Athens is probably a better choice.

Isn't Steve and Barry's the sole distributor for Starburys? Those are mostly concentrated down in Florida, I thought. Could be wrong.

Is the one in discovery mills open yet? I ran by there near christmas and they were closed. As for president my vote is for the obvious choice of we have two presidents split power. With one being reggie ball and the other the fan favorite chan the man gailey.

I got my Starbury's in NYC. I highly recommend the hightops with the Knicks team colors. The folks in Athens get pissed because they think you're wearing Gators colors.

And I've heard horror stories about actually playing basketball in them - little support and very limited life. Of course, how long can you expect them to last for $14.88/pair.

I got my Starbury's in NYC. I highly recommend the hightops with the Knicks team colors. The folks in Athens get pissed because they think you're wearing Gators colors.

And I've heard horror stories about actually playing basketball in them - little support and very limited life. Of course, how long can you expect them to last for $14.88/pair.

Got mine in NYC as well in the world's crappiest shopping venue, the Manhattan Mall. First game I wore them I ended up losing a toenail and having an enormous bruise on my ankle. Wore them just to be funny but the shoes had the last laugh.

60 Minutes did a piece on Starbury's where they cut them apart next to Nike's. The result was the construction was of equal quality. However, I could see that there are ergonomic issues that could still differentiate the two. I have a pair of Starbury's that I wear to the store on weekends or to take my daughter to the park and they work quite well in that capacity. I have a pair of Nike's for when I play ball.

They're easily confused over there. I worked on the Sanford Stadium expansion. The contractor had a tower crane, and pursuant to FAA rules, they had an orange and white checkered flag on it. The PM kept getting calls from irate students and faculty about "that damn Tennessee flag". :laugher:

Interesting. According to the NY Times article he is making the same amount he made at GT, about $500k.

Back