New licensed GT apparel brand — Section 103

Pantone4515

Damn Good Rat
Hey everyone. A while back, I had a line of non-licensed college football apparel on my website, winsipedia.com. CLC, which manages most schools' licensing (here in Atlanta), asked me to shut it down, which led to a conversation about becoming a licensee.

I always heard and assumed it was nearly impossible and super expensive. Neither was true to the degree I thought, and long story short, I was accepted as an official Georgia Tech licensee.

I plan to add schools later, but I wanted the brand to have hidden Georgia Tech meaning. In both Bobby Dodd and McCamish, Section 103 is at the end of the home bench, where fans figuratively view themselves, as an extension of the team.

I launched today with my initial collection of licensed GT apparel. It includes a few things I found to be missing in the marketplace:
  • Tech Gold apparel — I quickly realized why there's not a lot out there. The only manufacturers that make the same color as adidas are other athletic apparel companies, so Tech Gold t-shirts are all polyester performance shirts. I looked all over for a good poly-cotton blend in the right color but haven't found it.
  • Apparel with the new wordmark — It (the one in the end zones and on the basketball court) was unveiled in 2018, and it's still hard to find on apparel. Most providers use their same template for all schools instead of our custom wordmark.
  • Women's and youth apparel that isn't cheesy — this isn't unique to Tech, but I'll add more of this as I go

Another thing I have that's exclusive is apparel with the ATL logo I designed for the football field.

Anyway, please check out the site, and use promo code STINGTALK for 10% off if you'd like to buy anything. You may notice Sean Bedford and Synjyn Days helped me out by being models. Super nice guys.

https://www.section103.com/

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Hey everyone. A while back, I had a line of non-licensed college football apparel on my website, winsipedia.com. CLC, which manages most schools' licensing (here in Atlanta), asked me to shut it down, which led to a conversation about becoming a licensee.

I always heard and assumed it was nearly impossible and super expensive. Neither was true to the degree I thought, and long story short, I was accepted as an official Georgia Tech licensee.

I plan to add schools later, but I wanted the brand to have hidden Georgia Tech meaning. In both Bobby Dodd and McCamish, Section 103 is at the end of the home bench, where fans figuratively view themselves, as an extension of the team.

I launched today with my initial collection of licensed GT apparel. It includes a few things I found to be missing in the marketplace:
  • Tech Gold apparel — I quickly realized why there's not a lot out there. The only manufacturers that make the same color as adidas are other athletic apparel companies, so Tech Gold t-shirts are all polyester performance shirts. I looked all over for a good poly-cotton blend in the right color but haven't found it.
  • Apparel with the new wordmark — It (the one in the end zones and on the basketball court) was unveiled in 2018, and it's still hard to find on apparel. Most providers use their same template for all schools instead of our custom wordmark.
  • Women's and youth apparel that isn't cheesy — this isn't unique to Tech, but I'll add more of this as I go

Another thing I have that's exclusive is apparel with the ATL logo I designed for the football field.

Anyway, please check out the site, and use promo code STINGTALK for 10% off if you'd like to buy anything. You may notice Sean Bedford and Synjyn Days helped me out by being models. Super nice guys.

That is fantastic news, dude! And you got the ATL!

This is exactly what we need. Someone in the fan base who actually cares about having cool merch available.

RamblinWreck27

Jolly Good Fellow

You're doing God's work.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
Lots of really good stuff in here. I only buy Tech gear that is white and gold, or neutral gray/charcoal (NEVER blue).... as soon as you find some 60/40 65/35 or triblend stuff instead of performance polyester I will want to buy it all.

I am not shocked that the oft repeated "GT makes it more difficult to make licensed gear" is not true.

Looking forward to some of the old school designs!

1569294753527-183.jpg

Last edited:

RamblinWreck27

Jolly Good Fellow
="GT flunkout, post: 2764671, member: 321"

I am not shocked that the oft repeated "GT makes it more difficult to make licensed gear" is not true.
I sent an email to the AA late last year regarding why the makers of my favorite sport shirts and hats (47 Brand) has Tech as one of the least represented P5 schools on their site, and what they do have is the "wal-mart colors", and got the "we are working on that" response..

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
This stuff is really cool. Thank you!

To echo others, more retro designs would be awesome.

theDude47

Dodd-Like
If you could come up with more kids options, I’d gladly throw some additional money your way. Our clothing options overall suck but they’re even more extremely limited for kids. I still can’t find a decent white baseball cap in youth size.

Pantone4515

Damn Good Rat
If you could come up with more kids options, I’d gladly throw some additional money your way. Our clothing options overall suck but they’re even more extremely limited for kids. I still can’t find a decent white baseball cap in youth size.
Will definitely add more youth shirts. As of now, we're not doing hats, but I'd love to later.