new recruit!

Welcome to the Flats Taylor! We're glad you're a Yellow Jacket!!!

You just made a VERY wise choice for your future!

Insider LINK for Taylor Bennett

It lists Tech, Akron, Ball St., Boise St., Iowa, and New Mexico as expressing interest although Tech and Boise St. are the only two that actually offered scholarships.

Welcome to the Flats, Taylor.

he will start in january and count towards last years ships

Originally posted by beeware:
Insider LINK for Taylor Bennett

It lists Tech, Akron, Ball St., Boise St., Iowa, and New Mexico as expressing interest although Tech and Boise St. are the only two that actually offered scholarships.

Welcome to the Flats, Taylor.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It only took 58 minutes for this to come up.

How does he look on film, BW? Would you mind breaking it down for those of us talent eval novices?

I was wondering how long it would take someone to take the bait of BW.
blue.gif

As much as I hate to say this, I personally saw nothing wrong with beeware's post. He stated apparent facts, and he put a smiley face/thumbs up welcoming the young man.

I was ready to buddy jump, bw, but just couldn't do it.

All in one idiot's opinion, of course!

Guess what Beeware? Iowa and Boise State are ranked higher than . . . Notre Dame, Auburn, Penn State, UCLA, and Tennessee.

TIAR, B. Don't be so naive.

for anyone to state CG does not know talent is laughable

He is doing more with less than I have seen in a long time.

We have a true freshman qb and a walkon running back.

On D we have freshmen on the D line.

This may be the best coaching job in the last 20 years at GT!

The size of this QB means he could end up in a few different positions if he does not work out at QB.

WELCOME ABOARD! Last years recruiting class just keeps getting better and better!

Herr G - I must say thank you - you have added another item to the growing list of things I have been called; called almost everything in the book, naive is a first
grin.gif

(heck, I don't even speak french)
wink.gif

TIAR,B...beeware's problem is you can't be a jerk 95% of the time and then be treated like one of the guys the other 5%. He has chosen the way he is viewed/treated by others on the board.

Good looking recruit. Chan's really blowing me away with these QBs. A couple of years under CCG & Co and we may have an all-star.

Welcome, Mr Bennett. You have chosen wisely.

TBH, this is a perfect recruit. If he continues to develop at the pace he has been and plays to his potential he will make a difference.

And the kicker for us is the January Timing makes him a 'freebee'.

Don't forget Landry and Bilbo USE to be qb's.

Godsey's brother at ND and Henshaw as FSU were qb's who were rolled into tight ends.

QB's make great tight ends and this may be where this guy is headed.

Originally posted by TIAR,B:

(heck, I don't even speak french)
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's easy, Tiar, just talk through your nose and mumble.

The way I read Beewares post he was making a snide remark about Boise State and Tech being the only offers. It's correct you can't be a jerk 95% of the time and be a good guy 5% without there being many others looking at his remarks with a cynical eye.

Having never met BW he may be a nice guy but his continuous remarks concerning the present coach and Tech in general does cause one to wonder about his allegence(sp) to Tech.

Hey has anybody else been able to brave watching Boise State on that blue turf? I've tried it a few times and I have to say that their offense is pretty exciting to watch and Ryan Dinwiddie, their QB is pretty good. He's eight in the country in QB rating, he's got over 2800 yards passing (5th in the country), and get this... 20 TDs and only 2 INTS. And he completes over 60% of his passes.

Oh and Boise State is 3rd in the nation in scoring at almost 43 ppg.

My point here is that the Boise State coaches might have a clue when it comes to QBs so if they were interested enough in this kid to offer a scholarship then that's a pretty good indicator that he can play. At least it is to me.

And by the way, I'm not assuming anything about bw's motives for posting about who was interested in the kid. Just making comments based on my own view of the state of the game
smile.gif

Originally posted by law_bee:
for anyone to state CG does not know talent is laughable

He is doing more with less than I have seen in a long time.

We have a true freshman qb and a walkon running back.

On D we have freshmen on the D line.

This may be the best coaching job in the last 20 years at GT!

The size of this QB means he could end up in a few different positions if he does not work out at QB.

WELCOME ABOARD! Last years recruiting class just keeps getting better and better!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">EXELLENT I AGREE 100%

Back