new recruit!

Welcome aboard! Here's hoping we've stolen one from under the radar screen.

GATA JACKETS!!!

I don't think there is any doubt that (at least right now) Taylor is more of a sleeper/project type player. Because he will enroll early and count against last years scholly's it is almost like a free scholarship. We are 10 - 12 scholly's short and we can only take 25 this year. Why not take a 'free' chance on a kid with some upside?

Originally posted by goldmember:
I don't think there is any doubt that (at least right now) Taylor is more of a sleeper/project type player. Because he will enroll early and count against last years scholly's it is almost like a free scholarship. We are 10 - 12 scholly's short and we can only take 25 this year. Why not take a 'free' chance on a kid with some upside?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good point about counting towards last years total. Hopefully our success to date this season will help get back in the picture in-state and with the higher ranked recruits across the board.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by beeware:
Insider LINK for Taylor Bennett

It lists Tech, Akron, Ball St., Boise St., Iowa, and New Mexico as expressing interest although Tech and Boise St. are the only two that actually offered scholarships.

Welcome to the Flats, Taylor.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Mr. Buuuldog....How many big schools offered Keith Brooking???? or how bout your own Terrell Davis???? Not many BUT look at all the schools who missed out on them..Bridges had a good year last year and i didn't recall too many big name schools offering him.....

FWIW, one of the recruiting gurus that was at the Las Veags Nike camp (one of the Nike camps Mr. Taylor attended), said Taylor looked very impressive, with quite a big upside.

Yeah, this kid only took 2 snaps in his junior year because he was injured, but he went to some Nike camps this summer and lit it up. He is described as a "strong-armed left hander who is extremely accurate". I would presume with his inexperience that his primary concern will be learning to read coverages...but then that's most every high school qb's chief hurdle to overcome. Yes, he's gone under most people's radar, but he and this kid from Buford can both play.

I think Chan's trying to get in a few more QB's who can play and get them ready to be 2nd and 3rd string so that he can move Carter to another position. Supposedly, he is so athletically talented that we want to get him on the field somewhere.

Back