New recruiting tidbit (a good one)

GTechsta

Varsity Lurker
Looks like GT leads for the services of in-state WR Calvin Johnson. Wants to major in engineering and play close to home. Hopefully it won't be that "engineering" program that Will Witherspoon wanted to pursue. Calvin is rated the #1 WR in the state and the #2 offensive performer overall. Go get 'em Chan.

Where did this information come from?
rolleyes.gif

tommie - I am sure if you go looking for info on Calvin Johnson, you will see some of his quotes.

He states recently that he knows where he wants to go, but he's not telling anyone right now. He says he wants to stay in state. He says he wants to major in computer or design engineering. He has only been to one summer camp - GT. He then states how he has really gotten to know and like Coach Nix at GT.

Perhaps it is looking thru 'gold color glasses', but these certainly indicate a GT lean to me. And oh, btw, this was not relayed to anyone representing to be a GT fan etc. Perhaps you have some additional inside information that says otherwise. Maybe you could share that with us all.

I am really amazed at how many people want to discount any good thats out there wrt GT and football, but more than happy to jump on anything they percieve as negative.

Calvin Booker, a highly rated QB from Atlanta (and brother of GT signee Sam Williams) has also mentioned us as being in his top 4 very recently. Lamar Lewis, an outstanding prospect from Fla, and one of the best on film I've evr seen (not that it means one thing or another), has us ranked in his top 2.

Maybe - just maybe - recruiting is starting off pretty well this year.

All one idiots opinion, of course.

Originally posted by TIAR,B:
tommie - I am sure if you go looking for info on Calvin Johnson, you will see some of his quotes.

He states recently that he knows where he wants to go, but he's not telling anyone right now. He says he wants to stay in state. He says he wants to major in computer or design engineering. He has only been to one summer camp - GT. He then states how he has really gotten to know and like Coach Nix at GT.

Perhaps it is looking thru 'gold color glasses', but these certainly indicate a GT lean to me. And oh, btw, this was not relayed to anyone representing to be a GT fan etc. Perhaps you have some additional inside information that says otherwise. Maybe you could share that with us all.

I am really amazed at how many people want to discount any good thats out there wrt GT and football, but more than happy to jump on anything they percieve as negative.

Calvin Booker, a highly rated QB from Atlanta (and brother of GT signee Sam Williams) has also mentioned us as being in his top 4 very recently. Lamar Lewis, an outstanding prospect from Fla, and one of the best on film I've evr seen (not that it means one thing or another), has us ranked in his top 2.

Maybe - just maybe - recruiting is starting off pretty well this year.

All one idiots opinion, of course.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">First i was not discounting anybody information i was just asking a question. This is one guy i really hope we (GT) get. I know that GT is in his top 2 now that is what he said and he is really looking hard at GT personally i think with a good season we might bring in the best GT class that we can remember.

I will have some more information later i really don't have the time right now.

I hope Calvin decides on Tech. That would be wonderful. Cant help but like a 6'4" reciever with speed. Maybe we could land this guy early and hit up recruiting like UF did last year. If any of yall noticed when Chris Leak verballed to Florida last year he stated that he wanted all the big time recruits looking at UF to verbal also. Within the next few weeks afterwards UF was flooded with 4 and 5 star kids, stealing them from every school. If I remember correctly Chris would call them up personally and talk with them about getting championships in a few years. Maybe something like that could happen to us. This kid is praying anyways.

Back