New uniforms unveiled, media guides on sale!

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
Media guides are $15 if you get it at the Sports Info Office, $20 through the mail.

This is the first pic I've seen of our new unis - it's from the media guide cover. Looks like solid black or navy blue "block" numerals. No wild stripes or anything like that added. I'll miss the gold numbers, but at least we got rid of that wild font. Very nice and very traditional, IMO.

03fbcover.jpg

http://ramblinwreck.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071803aaa.html

I agree, the old fonts didn't look good. These new unis look awesome. Can't wait for the season to start!!
blue.gif

Holy cow! I can actually read the numbers this yr. Great improvement. Makes the wht & gold jerseys look better. Thank you Coach G.

My prayers have been answered! These look like the Ga Tech uniforms I have known and loved over the years. If the gold helmits are still in place, then please never change them again.

It also appears from the media guide that the yellow stripeing on the sleeves has been replaced with a gold that now matches the gold pants. Some things just take time at GT I guess
grin.gif

Looks like we have finally have some jerseys that match the pants and helmets too. I always thought the '96 "mustard" version was the closest, but it still wasn't exact.

1996%20-%20Brooking%20INT%20vs%20UVA.jpg

As long as we don't bust out the solid gold unis, everything will be fine.

JoltinJacket, I’m with you, gold on gold would be almost as bad as the Clempson mud on mud mess. I don't know about y’all, but I think that white over white in the bowl game was dawg awful.

White over gold any time we can.

Gold over white, when me must.

No gold on gold, and never again white on white. Please …
tongue.gif

Originally posted by CP-Jacket:

No gold on gold, and never again white on white. Please …
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Navy jerseys before these if at all.

I know how that gold stripe on the gold pants got started
shocked.gif
. When Ross's teams wore the blue jerseys with the white pants, the verticle pant stripes were black, gold, black. This made for an attractive look. However, when we changed back to white jerseys and gold pants after a coaching change, someone forgot to tell the uniform manufacturer to change the gold stripe back to white!!! Ga. Tech never ceases to amaze me with its ability to half-ass anything and everything. This was a simple oversight that is still with the uniforms today. But it's just a gnat's bite compared to all the other examples of oversight by the GTAA.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
I know how that gold stripe on the gold pants got started
shocked.gif
. When Ross's teams wore the blue jerseys with the white pants, the verticle pant stripes were black, gold, black. This made for an attractive look. However, when we changed back to white jerseys and gold pants after a coaching change, someone forgot to tell the uniform manufacturer to change the gold stripe back to white!!! Ga. Tech never ceases to amaze me with its ability to half-ass anything and everything. This was a simple oversight that is still with the uniforms today. But it's just a gnat's bite compared to all the other examples of oversight by the GTAA.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Almost correct, BDghost. IIRC, when Ross took over in 1987, he changed Curry's black home jersey to blue. Also, Ross changed the gold home pants to white, with a blue/gold/blue verticle stripe. Ross still had TECH in Curry's gold pants with the black/white/black verticle stipe for away games, though. In 1991, Ross' last year, he finally decided to change the black stipes to blue on the gold pants. Instead of going to a new blue/white/blue stripe on the gold pants, Ross went the easy, cheap route. He simply went with the same stripes used on the white pants. That's how we got the gold stripe on the gold pants foul up blunder(if one takes notice, the blue/gold/blue stripe is one piece of cloth, not three individual strips).

Back