NFL Combine

Here is one application that I found useful.

I watched Jedrick Wills ot Ala in the position drills and he was incredibly smooth. To quote one reporter, "Wills was a natural in every drill he ran, displaying excellent feet and hands that looked more like a Pro Bowl veteran than a college prospect." Who was his position coach for most of his college? Brent Key.

Also watched Shaun Bradley lb Tem, who also got rave reviews. We have a few guys who used to coach defense at Temple.

Anyway, I have no reason to be a fan of either player, but I was clearly left with the impression they were both well-coached. That give me good reason to be confidence that out players are getting excellent coaching now, and that will show up to our benefit as our players gain experience and time in system.

I don't see any Trevor Lawrence numbers either. His draft stock must be plummeting.
Lawrence was a true sophomore this past season. He will be the #1 pick in the 2021 draft, despite 2 losses to GT.

I watched Jedrick Wills ot Ala in the position drills and he was incredibly smooth. To quote one reporter, "Wills was a natural in every drill he ran, displaying excellent feet and hands that looked more like a Pro Bowl veteran than a college prospect." Who was his position coach for most of his college? Brent Key.

Also watched Shaun Bradley lb Tem, who also got rave reviews. We have a few guys who used to coach defense at Temple.

Anyway, I have no reason to be a fan of either player, but I was clearly left with the impression they were both well-coached. That give me good reason to be confidence that out players are getting excellent coaching now, and that will show up to our benefit as our players gain experience and time in system.

No disrespect to any Tech SA’s but After watching our OL grow this past year with walk ons, etc, I was impressed.

Last edited:
We might have a couple guys at the combine next year, and in a few years we'll be back to having a few mid round picks, several late round or UDFA guys, and the occasional first round pick. I still don't think there average tech fan really gets how far we had fallen in talent.

We might have a couple guys at the combine next year, and in a few years we'll be back to having a few mid round picks, several late round or UDFA guys, and the occasional first round pick. I still don't think there average tech fan really gets how far we had fallen in talent.

I expect that is true and that will be a sign/proof of just that.

If it happens (which I expect) then in the modern history of GT football, there will be this gap of 3-4 years at the end of Johnson's tenure that will stick out like a sore thumb.

I expect that is true and that will be a sign/proof of just that.

If it happens (which I expect) then in the modern history of GT football, there will be this gap of 3-4 years at the end of Johnson's tenure that will stick out like a sore thumb.

I know we are all ready to move on but I was curious how this compared to the rest of the ACC. This 4 year gap of no drafted players (non-kickers) is not just unprecedented at GT but in the ACC at large. Only Duke has a worse track record. Syracuse had a recent 3 year gap.

I went back about 20 years and no other 4 year gaps for any other school. Many schools have a single year now and then but even Wake and Vandy have players drafted at least every other year. I was a Johnson fan but there is zero excuse or good reason for this. Johnson turned us into Duke.

And it is likely that it would have been 5 drafts except for players that Collins directly recruited.

Jedrick Wills was an excellent B back.

Of course you come to GT to train. Eventually, guys like you will come to GT to play.

There are likely to be some Johnson recruits who will get NFL attention that wouldn't have if CPJ were still coach. It's an impossible thing to prove, though. Jalen Camp comes to mind if he ends up getting looks at least as undrafted FA. Getting some buzz in fall camp currently for his much better understanding of offense and much improved footwork. If he can be a complete receiver with good technique and routes added to his physicality, he'll be a complete beast even without great speed.

My own repost. Cottrell can fly.

I'm getting a 4.2 to 4.3 using the iPhone stopwatch

Last edited:

Of course you come to GT to train. Eventually, guys like you will come to GT to play.

Damn. Thats amazing. He would've been around when the 4 star QB from Texas stopped in, right? Thats gotta make a big impression that we are bigtime.

My own repost. Cottrell can fly.

I'm getting a 4.2 to 4.3 using the iPhone stopwatch

That's what I keep getting. I've heard the official was sub 4.4 on both runs, so likely in the 4.3's or they would've said "sub 4.3."

Damn, that was quick. I cant get anything slower than 4.2 on a stopwatch hand timing that. I even did my best to start John Ross' combine 4.22 on youtube simultaneously and Cottrell looks to even have him beat.

One of you video wizards should download that clip and try to get an "official" time on it.

tenor.gif

Another example would be GT's pro day. Only four guys participated and two of them were recent transfers (Southers and Davis).

Back