NIL starts today

How does the NIL play out vs school funding? I feel like things aren’t dead until schools are required to pay… at that point many won’t be able to justify the ticket prices to keep the team. How many Tech fans are going to show up for a $250 ticket…

The imminent demise of the NCAA means, going forward, there will be no "trouble" because there will be no enforcement

I think he means general financial trouble, like debt load, risk balance, etc. Not trouble with the NCAA because of rules and things.

How does the NIL play out vs school funding? I feel like things aren’t dead until schools are required to pay… at that point many won’t be able to justify the ticket prices to keep the team. How many Tech fans are going to show up for a $250 ticket…
I think the next donor that shows up and wants to expand a building or build a new training facility with their name on it, Stansbury should encourage them to buy the NIL rights to a player or 20.

Imagine if you will, the money that was donated to refurbish McCamish or to build the indoor practice facility had gone to player sponsorship agreement. You want to help the team on the field lets make it really attractive for those 5* players to come to GT.

I think the next donor that shows up and wants to expand a building or build a new training facility with their name on it, Stansbury should encourage them to buy the NIL rights to a player or 20.

Imagine if you will, the money that was donated to refurbish McCamish or to build the indoor practice facility had gone to player sponsorship agreement. You want to help the team on the field lets make it really attractive for those 5* players to come to GT.
This concept has got to keep Athletic Directors with large debts to service sleepless.

What would a booster rather have; a building with their name on it (which could be changed at some point) or a program with better players getting more wins?

Should we stop donating to the AA and just start paying players/recruits directly, because that’s where this is going.
I could certainly see an entrepreneur setting up a business that does nothing but handle NIL's for a particular school. I mean what is stopping someone from getting a group of supporters together with the only purpose to pay players for NIL agreements? Are there any rules that the players actually have to perform some type of marketing?

I could certainly see an entrepreneur setting up a business that does nothing but handle NIL's for a particular school. I mean what is stopping someone from getting a group of supporters together with the only purpose to pay players for NIL agreements? Are there any rules that the players actually have to perform some type of marketing?

Thats exactly what Miami is doing

Need a charity that pays players to advertise for them. That way contributors can get a tax deduction, while also meeting player needs through NIL. Y’all let me know when we have one of those in place.

You do have to perform the "work", but the "work" is nearly impossible to judge making it a completely pointless portion to the rule.

In such an example, Beestorm could pay $Texas in order for players to post on StingTalk, hold a AMA, or simply use their NIL along the top banner. For the latter, he'd be able to just fork out whatever he wanted for them to hold a "photoshoot" for the pics he'd want to use.

In any of those other two examples, who's going to hold anyone accountable, if Beestorm doesn't care and all he wanted was to buy their recruitment in the first place anyway?

Tech is going to smashed in this world. Absolutely smashed.

Last edited:
You do have to perform the "work", but the "work" is nearly impossible to judge making it a completely pointless portion to the rule.

In such an example, Beestorm could pay $Texas in order for players to post on StingTalk, hold a AMA, or simply use their NIL along the top banner. For the latter, he'd be able to just fork out whatever he wanted for them to hold a "photoshoot" for the pics he'd want to use.

In any of those other two examples, who's going to hold anyone accountable, if Beestorm doesn't care and all he wanted was to buy their recruitment in the first place anyway?

Tech is going to smashed in this world. Absolutely smashed.

Seriously, WTF is Beestorm doing that this hasn't already happened? Disappointing.

Think about Nike and Oregon. They can basically pay every player on the roster 7 figures. Scary.

It’s only going to get worse

So I thought this wasn’t allowed. Walk-ons getting NIL deals. Because if I’m understanding this correctly, this deal effectively means that BYU now has a roster of 121 scholarship athletes. This makes the 85 scholarship limit meaningless and the 125 roster cap the only number that matters.

So now the factories are going to maintain rosters that are 6 deep at every position with scholarship-level players.

Back