NO O'leary news in last couple of days.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
NO O\'leary news in last couple of days.......

Kinda make you wonder where NY post is getting there info.

ND is now actively talking to Arkansas's coach (Nut).

When this story broke I thought it was some type of joke. O'leary at the top of ND's list. I just couldnt believe it. Not saying O'leary is not worthy, but this year would be considered probably his most disappointing year and his age 55 is not the youth that ND would probably aspire too. If we would have come up ROSES this year I would have been sweating bullets.

Now it appears ND people never bought into either. At least WE got some good press out of it.

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
Re: NO O\'leary news in last couple of days.......

ahso, it has also left us with more ??? than answers!

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat

This thing I find puzzling is that O'Leary has not stated that there is no interest... which leads me to believe there is interest on his part... otherwise, why let it drift... which is not good for recruiting, etc....

law_bee

Dodd-Like

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jacketguy:
This thing I find puzzling is that O'Leary has not stated that there is no interest... which leads me to believe there is interest on his part... otherwise, why let it drift... which is not good for recruiting, etc....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jguy, I agree w/ you. The NYpost story was very fishy to begin with. NYpost is the 2nd or 3rd largest newspaper in the world and they break a story that O'leary is TOP candidate for ND position. I personally believe that Big Bee sought the position, but I still believe that ND will not make the deal. There are far too many downsides for O'leary at ND.

1. they are coming off down years and cannot afford to make mistake
2. there are some questions regarding O'leary b/c of this years disappointing season
3. O'leary is 55 years old, how many years would he be there?
4. the buy out clause 1.5 mil

I suspect that the reason O'leary does not say he is not interested is b/c he sent out feelers for the position, but the deal will never get done, IMO.

I think this all may be good for recruiting believe it or not. Keeps GT in spotlight and lets everyone know we have valuable commodity here at GT.

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat

That is a very interesting pt. about BB putting out feelers. I might can buy into that esp. since he has not firmly come out and denied interest. Seeing Fridge's success may have made him want to do the same; however, maybe he could do that here lst!

toe meets leather

Flats Noob

if i were notre dame, the pinnacle of college football, i would not be interested in george oleary. they can go after and stand a good chance of getting about anyone they desire. also, if oleary is upset about the tech crowd voiceing disapproval for this season, if he were to get to notre dame , he aint seen nothing yet. they were not even happy with lou holtz.just to create confusion why dont we reccomend to notre dame that they take a look at mark richt.

ND fans aren't interested in O'Leary. They seriously question his ability.

Also, that NY paper is fulla crap, as is many things in the state of NY. Case and point: Hilary Clinton

Aiken Jacket

Flats Noob

Just a couple of thoughts on the whole ND/O'Leary thing.

One, Big Bee would be crazy not to be interested in the Notre Dame job. Regardless of your allegience one way or another, the ND job is or very close to the peak of college football. I am proud of the tradition of Georgia Tech, but I am aware of the fact that ND and college football go together like peas and carrots (sorry, Forrest, I had to borrow that).

Two, I think ND would be equally nuts to go after O'Leary as their head coach. ND needs a charismatic leader who can recruit the alums just as much as the football players. I respect Big Bee, but he ain't the most approachable fella out there, and he hasn't exactly endeared himself to Tech faithful. Compared to ND alums, I would guess we are a pretty tame and mild bunch, so I can only imagine the fireworks if Big Bee went there.

My two cents.

GO JACKETS!

Status
Not open for further replies.