No surprises on signing day?

buzzy bee

Varsity Lurker
After this morning's hive chat with Garrett..it seems as if there will be no surprises on signing day. There was a reference to a player that was a silent to us who had actually been a commit elsewhere, but it seems we have lost him?

Anyone hearing differently as to these so-called surprises?

As a little rant: after Chan's comments about recruiting last year it sounded like we were going to go at it strong and pull in a class of 25. Now I know those numbers might change a little (due to Walk-ons receiving schollys etc.), but the number seems to be 23. I don't understand why we are looking at a number like 19 instead of 23?

buzzybee, nobody on this board can answer those questions effectively for you.

why don't you write an email to chan gailey and ask him about it? that is your best bet. he has responded to all the emails that i have sent him.

It seems like a self imposed probation! Why not 25 or 26? Are we already into our 2nd and 3rd tier group? We seem to be because of some names we got that no other coaches wanted. I am still pretty pleased with our top 8 to 10 recruits and the others sound pretty good also. Scott will be the corner stone of this class though. His decision imo will make it or break it.

Goldmember, I think you are right about the sleepers, but they DO seem like good athletes at least. They can all run well ect. If GG says Wheeler is a sleeper then all but 7 or 8 are sleepers. I am of the opinion that if we get Scott and Taylor then that would catch us up to the middle of the pack. If we do that and only sign 20 or 21 then that will greatly hurt our depth in the years to come. I really believe we are into our 2nd and 3rd tier group, but after our last 2 games I am thrilled we have gotten who we have!

Scott and Taylor are key to us having an above average class IMO. If we miss on both of them I would think we are below average. Border Wars has us rated 19th out of 23 teams they have rated and that ain't good. And to compound this by not signing the full compliment of SHIPS are very STRANGE indeed. We need some help and need it soon.

Buck - I think this class will be rated as a below average ACC class even if we sign Taylor and Scott. We are currently ranked 8th in the coference by the 'gurus', ahead of only Duke. We may be able to catch Wake but the other 7 schools are way ahead of us. Signing 4 or 5 players below our allotment after having done the same thing last year is disapointing. It also looks like we have dipped heavily into the sleeper pool (and still couldn't sign our entire allotment). I wish MasterB or someone else could tell us that there are other names out there but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Back