Not making any excuses, but having one game in over a month

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
was a HUGE factor....This concerned me the most as soon as I realized ths schedule...In the pros, coaches always talk about how much they HATE having a bye week after a winning streak..And imagine having one game in over a month, including, what, 4 consecutive saturdays without playing ? Thats virtually unheard of in the regular season...Kind of reminds me of the weird break we ended up having after 9-11...And we know how that turned out...

Again, not making excuses, but I have a feeling we'd have seen a different team even a week ago. Thats just too much time - you get out of game shape, and out of rhythm IMO, amoung other intangibles. I hope we never see scheduling like this again...

I still hope the staff evaluates what they are doing with the team during such breaks (ie like before a bowl) and re-assesses what they are doing.

Sounds very much like an excuse to me!

..and a weak one at that. We had time to get healthy and to prepare and simply did not. Furthermore, soon after the game started, and cobwems should be cleared out - the team simply wasn't ready to play.

Chan Gailey has accepted the blame - as well he should!

It absolutely should not be an excuse - I fully agree..

Still dumb scheduling IMO

Now think deep, and ask yourself, "Who is it that determines the schedule, negotiates the schedule, and approves the schedule.....?" That would fall squarely into the lap of the AD.

While it is true, the AD makes the schedule, he consults with the head coach over decisions for future schedules.

How do you think Connecticut (O'Leary/Edsall) and Samford (Gailey) came on the schedule?

Father Time

Back