Nothing has changed

Yes. Considering some bad teams have beaten BYU this season, I think we could do it.

Miami's D didn't stop us last season, and our D is much improved. I think we catch them overamped and overeager to prove themselves, kinda like how we were last night against VPI.

I can definitely see us going 2-0 in the next two weeks.

I can also see us going 1-1 and 0-2 as well. But from where I sit, I think we're still in a good spot this season. 3-1 through the first third. Go 3-1 through every third of the season and your 9-3.

we really need to get this VPI monkey off our back. The entire program gets tight for that game. CPJ calls plays like someone having an aneurysm. The guys play with their hair on fire and undisciplined. And the fans go apeshit before/during/after.

Striving to beat BYU is a bold bold plan. So we lost to a bad Virginia Tech team and thus can't win a NC, or even a watered down ACC title ... therefore it's a one game season.

Those were big wins. Gonna tell my great grand children about the ööööing öööö bowl and a win over Dabo. Iowa is just pulling it's dick out of our ass .... now ... so UGA can get in again for a few more strokes.

Those were big wins. Gonna tell my great grand children about the ööööing öööö bowl and a win over Dabo. Iowa is just pulling it's dick out of our ass .... now ... so UGA can get in again for a few more strokes.

So CPJ should be fired due to a loss to a team with an NFL-quality DL in 2009 and to UGA? Just trying to get my head around your stance.

Miami has better athletes. Teams with better athletes own CPJ.

This is pretty much what it boils down to. We can't hang with the big boys. We get manhandled. We have a lone bright spot every now and then (i.e. Clemson win).

CPJ is a heckuva ball coach, but he can only do so much with clearly inferior talent. This is the state of Tech football. I don't think bringing in another coach is going to remarkably change our ability to recruit. I still support CPJ.

So CPJ should be fired due to a loss to a team with an NFL-quality DL in 2009 and to UGA? Just trying to get my head around your stance.

My stance is same as it was when he beat UGA with Gailey's players. Let's see how he does with his own players and with all the negative recruiting of running a ööööööö offense and having a defense that has to practice against a ööööööö offense. By ööööööö I mean non-NFL.

He lost his first how many bowl games? Until he beat perhaps the most stoned, most unmotivated team in the history of team sports last year.

It's pretty clear at this point given the athletes and scheme that satisfying my number one goal for football (beating UGA) is unlikely to happen very often.

Your Clemson example is fine but I think Dabo is the poster child for NFL talent / no results right next to Richt.

If your goal is to beat UGA then CPJ is pretty much indefensible as a coach. Taking away losses to awful Kansas, awful Air Force, awful MTSU you are still left with nothing of value except one win vs. UGA with NFL caliber athletes on offense and defense that were brought in by Gailey (who was an awful coach, ala Dabo).

CPJ is a heckuva ball coach, but he can only do so much with clearly inferior talent. This is the state of Tech football. I don't think bringing in another coach is going to remarkably change our ability to recruit. I still support CPJ.

This. But I won't continue to support him if he doesn't start running some pistol or diamond when it's obvious the 3O isn't working.

And why the öööö don't we run a two minute from the gun?

And why the öööö don't we run a two minute from the gun?

This is the one thing I don't get. Vad is clearly much more comfortable from the gun. If we know we're going to throw, and VT knows we're going to throw, I don't see the issue of doing pistol/diamond/whatever the whole drive.

Back