Nothing more IMPROPER than

gtfan

Sith Lord
Staff member
to bad mouth a recruit when he has just committed to your school.

It is not unreasonable to think that when a young man commits to a school that he will visit the message boards.

If you do not want the recruit to read it then do not post it.

I think this is one area where if you do not have something positive to post keep it to yourself.

Before you type something in ask yourself if you are ok with the recruit reading it.

Please use good judgment.

I very seriously doubt recruits read these boards but I will say the heads at the GTAA do to get a feel for what the fans think. I have not read anything negative about the recruits other than they are not getting offers from top 25 programs. And truthfully to be competitive in the long run our recruits must be getting offers from programs at that level. We all wish them the best during their years at GT. If people did not care they would not take the time to post here. I am very excited that we are recruiting at all. We are behind and playing catchup. It is a very important year for us after last years late start.

Originally posted by gtmg:
I very seriously doubt recruits read these boards
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">and this is based on what? Your belief they do not access to an internet connection.

I know for a fact that a parent of one of our best players told him not to go to the board.

Most people on this board are not interested in poster's views of recruits. People come here to read and post positive info on recruits.

Your SPECULATION on a recruit is worthless. I may believe that a fan can watch a game and tell where a coach screwed up, but you will never get me to believe a fan can know how good a player is gonna be without having seeing him play.

In 1987 were we #1 in recruiting? What was Oklahoma's recruiting class ranked 3 years b/f they won the title. I think they were .500 that year or maybe one game above it.

Now OUR HEAD COACH who has coached and evaluated players in the pros for over a decade and you want to post he does not know talent.

Pull up a roster of an NFL team and look where the players went to college. For every FSU you will see a McNeese State.

Bottom line is Coach felt like kid can help the program and the kid decided he wants to go to your school.

If you do want to communicate your concern over a young man then email the coaches directly. Because negative info on a recruit is not message board material.

Who cares if recruits read these boards or not?

GT fans should know better. I dare anyone to prove a single positive thing that comes out of saying something negative about a guy still in high school.

If any GT fan has the lack of intelligence to understand the concept of class and decency, then I will will be more than happy to give you directions to my tailgate spot. I will simply offer you a beer (or beverage of your choice), and sit you down to explain it to you.

Whoops, that may have sounded bad.

If recruits read this board, it shouldn't change how we act. Recruits and Student Athletes should NEVER be attacked.

If you attack either of them you obviously have too much time on your hands and need to find some priorities in life.

I agree 100%. Each and every kid that says they want to come to GT should be made to feel quite special!! Until signing day, nothing is written in stone, and they can change their minds. Whether each one reads the boards is irrelevant cause their parents or friends or COMPETING school can pass on negativity to the kid.

I couldn't agree more with the original post. To every SA that commits to Tech, welcome aboard!!
I can still remember the day that I signed my letter of intent with TECH. It was without a doubt the proudest moment of my young life. Receiving a diploma 5 years later was better!!

Even though my sport was non revenue at the time (baseball), and it would not have received football/ bball attention, I am glad there was no message board that wondered who in the hell I was! What a bummer that would have been!!

Congrats all new Jackets!! TO HELL WITH GEORGIA.

There is nothing to be gained and a hell of a lot
to be lost by denigrating our commits or any kid we may be recruiting. It is o.k. to say that Rivals has him rated a 3 star but to rant about whether he can cut it at Tech can only hurt our recruiting effort. I am proud of each of our commits thus far and considering the kids we have scheduled to visit it is beginning to look very impressive. In addition to the players we know about I am sure the staff have some players the recruiting sites don't have us involved with.
Newberry is a good example-I subscribe to several premium recruiting services and none of them had us involved with him. I feel much better about our recruiting than I did just a few short weeks ago.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
There is nothing to be gained and a hell of a lot
to be lost by denigrating our commits or any kid we may be recruiting. It is o.k. to say that Rivals has him rated a 3 star but to rant about whether he can cut it at Tech can only hurt our recruiting effort. I am proud of each of our commits thus far and considering the kids we have scheduled to visit it is beginning to look very impressive. In addition to the players we know about I am sure the staff have some players the recruiting sites don't have us involved with.
Newberry is a good example-I subscribe to several premium recruiting services and none of them had us involved with him. I feel much better about our recruiting than I did just a few short weeks ago.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good post...let us see how the next 2 months pan out. Let's hope that the staff can finish strong!

Ylojk8 do not equate negativity with pointing out issues tended to be constructive. There is a lot of difference between the two.

There has been a lot of constructive criticism regardng the lack of substitution of players in the last couple of years, lack of variation in the running game, lack of tight coverage on third-down-and-long, etc.

I classify a lot of these issues into constructive criticism, and I feel, sometimes, overall fan pressure tends to make a coach sit up and take notice.

We had an issue that started with the hiring of Gailey. A handful of people were upset because Mac did not get the job. This handful of people began to cast negativity on Chan who had not coached one down at Tech.

He was here for the year and nothing could be done about it, but this handful of people continued to lambast him before Spring Practice ever started. It was pure and simply because they did not get Mac as coach. This issue, without a doubt, was pure negativity, which was in no way constructive criticism.

It would have happened no matter who had been chosen as coach, because this handful of people were upset that Mac did not get the job.

There are many more similar items of criticism that seemingly have no constructive side to the argument. These are issues I see as negativism.

Now, since the Gailey has been through a year at Tech, he indeed is open to criticism. However, the criticism should be constructive to be a benefit to the team.

wink.gif

I know for a fact that Nate Dorsey's dad told me, in front of several other people, he told Nate not to read the Hive or Sting Talk. He stated that Nate did not need all the negatives posted here and the other site! So yes they do read the boards. Thats one reason I get so mad at BW and a few other with the constant negative talk about CG et al. He is our coach like it or not!!! We may loose a recruit or 2 or maybe more if they read that we want to fire our coach after just one year so I agree with the administration of the board to keep it to yourself. I also think that this administration should and does have the right to pull a negative post. I'm as guilty as others here with my negative posts after the debacle in Athens. But, since I have re-thought it I do not post negatives except about BW, but he does bring it on himself.

but if we do not post negative thoughts .. we are seen to be accepting mediocrity.

there was a classic post by a font called bobby dodds ghost about the above statement .. he is one such font who does not accept "mediocrity".

he went out of line ridiculing bellyseries for being a Tech homer and therefore accepting "mediocrity". i wish i could quote that classless tasteless post but it has been removed .. i am guessing by an admin

Saying negative things on a message board and is not going to shape decisions made at the GTAA no matter what you think.

drinking.gif

Back