OBrien Gone..Great Opportunity To Do This Thing Right

Amen to your post about BW Techsa $,$$$,$$$ you have him nailed but he will always be an irritant to me and many others on this board, that's what he lives for and truthfully I don't think he is a Tech fan. I have never seen a post of his with a bad word for anyone except Tech. I sent you a mail did you get it?

Originally posted by techsamillion:

Most have tolerated you a large part of the time. I for one, believe now that this was to the detriment of Georgia Tech football. God only knows the damage you have done to the program with your immature words over the past months. If you are a true Tech fan this will cause tremendous introspection; if you are a pseudo fan, it will not really matter a great deal to you. Please, give it a rest. .[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Techsamillion,

It's hard to disagree with your post, I too wish Beeware would offer some positive comments on some aspect of Tech's football program and many un-related topics seem to always include a negative Beeware comment on Gailey.

But I can not recall any of Beeware's postings that were lies or slander. IIRC, all have been overstated, overused opinions, just that opinions. So I may not agree with him nor enjoy reading them but I don't see how they have harmed Tech; any more than postive opinions have helped.

On this site anyway, there is almost always a rebuttal of any opinion and the reader can pretty much decide which side has merit.

If I'm missing something,tell me.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
American Heritage Dictionary.....
squan·der v. –tr. squan·dered, squan·der·ing, squan·ders. 1. To spend wastefully or extravagantly; dissipate.

The truth is that you have grossly misinterpreted the word "squandered". It sounds cute, but is is an inacurate word (that should be used) for what you are (seemingly) trying to prove.

Please in the interest of the proper use of the English language : cease and desist.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">techsamillion,

from DICTIONARY.COM

squan·der ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skwndr)
tr.v. squan·dered, squan·der·ing, squan·ders

1. To spend wastefully or extravagantly; dissipate. See Synonyms at waste.

2. To fail to take advantage of; lose a chance for: squandered an opportunity to go to college.
----

Or squandered the season (as in my usage of the word).

As you can see, you are totally and completely mistaken; both on your premise about me, and on your misunderstanding of the different ways that the word squander can be used.

Also, to use your words, "Please in the interest of the proper use of the English language : cease and desist" spelling the word inaccurate...inacurate (sic).
tongue.gif

BW, Also, please, in the interest of the proper use of the English language, cease and desist being so redundant with your words: "totally and completely."
bsmeter.gif

Originally posted by FatJacket:
I just want to know one thing...What does bellyseries mean? The name that is.
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I could tell you young skywalker but if you trust your instincts while searching back post by bellyseries you will find the answer.

Originally posted by 71Bee:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by FatJacket:
I just want to know one thing...What does bellyseries mean? The name that is.
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I could tell you young skywalker but if you trust your instincts while searching back post by bellyseries you will find the answer.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I didn't know you could search like that, so i tried it. The explanation is in bdghost's famous 'Who among us is a "Friend Of Chan"?' topic from last October.

All of us oldtimers know, but we will let Belly tell you.

Hint, it is from the early Dodd days.

wink.gif

A GT coaching legend was the master of The Belly Series, which was part of his offensive play book. That coach was the one and only Bobby Dodd. I missed the post in bdghost's thread, but thats where I believe Belly got his name.

GO Jackets!

Edit: Ahsoisee, Posted before you're response. Probably gave away too much in this post. The hints like yours are more fun!
grin.gif
I'm not exactly an oldtimer yet.
wink.gif
There are some of us that don't go back as far as others, but are extremely close to some that do. Don't always have to be an oldtimer.

Hey, maybe we drift off topic a bit, but we do have some fun here!

I don't think Dodd invented it, but he certainly used it well.

Bobby Dodd adopted the belly series from Eddie Labaron who was his QB in the college all-stars vs
the previous NFL champions in a summer game. Bobby Dodd was appointed to coach the college all-stars and he had a diminuitive qb that had used the belly series at his college and Ole Dodd took it to Tech and made it famous. We scored a lots of points using the Belly series. It was a very deceptive play-a first cousin of the option.

Thanks for the history lesson and great information guys! I have always had the tendacy that if I don't know something, I ask. Sometimes it makes you appear stupid, but usually it is the same questions that alot of others don't know and are afraid to ask. So, what the heck, I learned something new again today!
And hello to Ahso! How did your move go?

Back