OC Buster Faulkner Offensive Playbook: Dive & POP

But Georgia wasn't an "air raid" offense. Running the ball. 2 TE's, take shots when the defense is drawn in, solid defense.

That makes him even more appealing. Able to incorporate his concepts into a different system, maybe a better system, or a system better suited for the talent around him. Granted; he wasn’t the OC.

There was very little ‘air-raid’ in Ugag’s offense this year…and why should there have been? When you have their offensive line, an embarrassment of riches at TE, and a smothering D…run-centric ball control offense makes sense.

That said…they can still kiss my ass. We played them tougher than anyone besides OSU and Mizzu on one of our worst years and their best. Im excited to see what Faulkner and Weinke do with this offense. At least we have adults in the room again.

Oh….and screw Ugag.

Says it all:

“I just think he’s going to do really, really well at Georgia Tech,” Cauthen said. “I don’t know coach (Brent) Key, but he hired a good one. The fans need to rest assured that they’re going to get the best from Buster every Saturday.”

Back