OC replacement

Techfan02

Hope is pain
If you need to merege this go ahead but Mike norvell not HC material but not bad on the offensive side of the ball

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
If you need to merege this go ahead but Mike norvell not HC material but not bad on the offensive side of the ball
So you want to hire the Guy Norvell that cut loose Sims when he got hired at FSU for garbage @zz QBs that are maybe 4 levels lower than Sims?

And you want to hire this Guy with those crappy Talent Evaluation skills to further develop Sims and to determine which HS Recruits we should sign on Offense?

Sorry Pal, hard pass!

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Hiring Whisenhunt is a great idea. Similar to B*** L****.hiring George O’Leary. That worked out well for us.

The Jacket

The Coat
We need more than an OC...We need a entire new coaching staff....the whole coaching staff looks like a better fit for Sunbelt Competition.
Great yes very constructive and not the actions of a teenage athletic director. We're not firing Collins. Make whatever snide joke you want to pull from the repertoire of three or four that get posted here, maybe some crack about how we can't afford it, it will be great.

There are actual solutions to our problems which fortunately don't involve the infantile demands of people who can't stand the thought of our program not developing the way they arbitrarily decided it should. If you have legitimate standards and Collins has fallen short of those, great, join the club. But if he has fallen below the line into fireable territory now - today - then you have no standards. You have no interest in the program or even a goddamn season developing, you only want to win every game forever or else, and that's not how any of this ööööing works.

öööö's sake.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Pat Nix. I think he is worth a look and should be affordable. He is a little older and more seasoned that when he was here before and most importantly I don't remember Tashard Choice ever having a negative total yards rushing day with him as OC. Pat Nix offense might be bland; but with the talent that has been recruited he could be successful.

Whoever we bring in should get full control of the offense and that definitely means hiring his own assistants. If that means replacing Brent Key great, if it means replacing Tashard Choice iiwii.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Bill OBrien
I am not sure Bill O'Brien would come to GT as the OC unless we gave him a backroom deal like I think O'leary got to become HC. I would not at all be against making a backroom deal with O'Brien to be our next HC though. I just doubt we can afford Bill O'Brien or that he would be willing to be an OC under Geoff Collins. Which makes me wonder, if Geoff Collins is such a great recruiter why can't he recruit an OC that is worth a damn?

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
I am not sure Bill O'Brien would come to GT as the OC unless we gave him a backroom deal like I think O'leary got to become HC. I would not at all be against making a backroom deal with O'Brien to be our next HC though. I just doubt we can afford Bill O'Brien or that he would be willing to be an OC under Geoff Collins. Which makes me wonder, if Geoff Collins is such a great recruiter why can't he recruit an OC that is worth a damn?

BOB makes $1.1M at Bama and we’d have to dish out $550K buyout. We’d be looking at about a $2M to $3M investment.

So, ya, you no longer have doubts we could afford him.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ

BOB makes $1.1M at Bama and we’d have to dish out $550K buyout. We’d be looking at about a $2M to $3M investment.

So, ya, you no longer have doubts we could afford him.
Besides. We don’t want to interfere with Alabama. We need them to continue winning.