OC replacement

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
If Collins doesn’t show he deserves to be retained after next year BOB is the no-brainer to take over.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
So many capable coordinators out there if we need to make a change. Why do we always recycle the names of the same old Tech men and people who worked for us 20 years ago? Find me someone who is breaking records at a G5 or a P5 QB coach ready to make the jump.

Last edited:

The Champ

Dodd-Like

BOB makes $1.1M at Bama and we’d have to dish out $550K buyout. We’d be looking at about a $2M to $3M investment.

So, ya, you no longer have doubts we could afford him.
BOB also will be on the short list for most top college HC openings, where he make ~4M+. No way he’s coming for a low end P5 gig

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Pat Nix. I think he is worth a look and should be affordable. He is a little older and more seasoned that when he was here before and most importantly I don't remember Tashard Choice ever having a negative total yards rushing day with him as OC. Pat Nix offense might be bland; but with the talent that has been recruited he could be successful.

Whoever we bring in should get full control of the offense and that definitely means hiring his own assistants. If that means replacing Brent Key great, if it means replacing Tashard Choice iiwii.
He would be affordable because he has been a high school coach in Alabama for nearly a decade and his last collegiate job was WR coach at Charleston Southern. Good lord, these names ya'll come up with.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
I maybe want that Kevin Kelly guy eventually. Want to see what he can do at Presby first.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
He would be affordable because he has been a high school coach in Alabama for nearly a decade and his last collegiate job was WR coach at Charleston Southern. Good lord, these names ya'll come up with.
Come up with a name or simmer down. If you want a G5 guy who is breaking records that might come here then name him.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
George Godsey.
The Dolphins scored 17 points today (14 of those in garbage time) at home on a Colts D that had been giving up 27 points a game consistently to everyone else. I like Godsey, but the Dolphins offense is a total dumpster fire and until he shows me something I wouldn't go anywhere near him.

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
The Dolphins scored 17 points today (14 of those in garbage time) at home on a Colts D that had been giving up 27 points a game consistently to everyone else. I like Godsey, but the Dolphins offense is a total dumpster fire and until he shows me something I wouldn't go anywhere near him.
Other than Tua, name someone on the dolphins offense

TechRush

Dodd-Like
When the Wiz's name was leaked I was totally against him as coach. He reminded me of Gailey 2.0.

But this is year three and I honestly don't know when Tech will be a consistent 6 or 7 win team again, even in the pathetic ACC.

Now we are some irrelevant team that gets zero mention in the public realm other than when the coach does some circus act like having players workout on the sidelines during pregame.

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
We have a shot at Matt Nagy? It would be a HUGE step down, but everyone in Chicago hates him, and the rest of the NFL doesn’t respect him too much. However, he was a GREAT coordinator under Reid. Don’t think we could get Bienemy, too low of a step for him.