OC replacement

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Our stud RB having a net rushing total of -10 yds has absolutely nothing to do with the OC or the RB coaches. However , the fact that our OL still cant drive block or create running lanes for our backs is very concerning, obvious, and problematic long term if we expect to see sustainable offensive production…..and no, it’s not a Qb issue either.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Our stud RB having a net rushing total of -10 yds has absolutely nothing to do with the OC or the RB coaches. However , the fact that our OL still cant drive block or create running lanes for our backs is very concerning, obvious, and problematic long term if we expect to see sustainable offensive production…..and no, it’s not a Qb issue either.
It absolutely has something to do with an OC that keeps trying to run him between the guards and not use a 2 back set until very late in the game. Our OL sucks, on that we agree. At least with a 2 back set you give him someone to follow and hopefully find a hole.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
It absolutely has something to do with an OC that keeps trying to run him between the guards and not use a 2 back set until very late in the game. Our OL sucks, on that we agree. At least with a 2 back set you give him someone to follow and hopefully find a hole.
We tried to run outside against Clemson instead of between the guards and didn't have all the much more success (as well as causing people to bitch with great frequency how dumb we are for not running between the guards).

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
He ran the 2 back set our first TD drive I think, it worked, so he immediately abandoned it.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
We need an entire new Coaching staff. They all need to go.

Bill O'brien and George Godsey should be on the list ASAP

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
Ridiculous. Many teams have the same issue we have but their coaches are smart enough to come up with a plan to work around their deficiencies. Patenaude actually did it many times and those plays worked. Swing passes and quick releases. But it’s almost like he is told that 1 of every 3 play calls has to be a handoff 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage behind a bad OLine. Remember the team that ran like 8 straight screens against because it was working a few years back? We should have thrown dumps to Gibbs and Smith for 80% of our plays. I’ll take a running Gibbs or Smith in space every play over a handoff behind our OLine. One day that play will work but not this year. I still can’t figure out why Choice hasn’t given Patenaude a code red yet.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Ridiculous. Many teams have the same issue we have but their coaches are smart enough to come up with a plan to work around their deficiencies. Patenaude actually did it many times and those plays worked. Swing passes and quick releases. But it’s almost like he is told that 1 of every 3 play calls has to be a handoff 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage behind a bad OLine. Remember the team that ran like 8 straight screens against because it was working a few years back? We should have thrown dumps to Gibbs and Smith for 80% of our plays. I’ll take a running Gibbs or Smith in space every play over a handoff behind our OLine. One day that play will work but not this year. I still can’t figure out why Choice hasn’t given Patenaude a code red yet.
That was Miami under richt. UGA did it often, throwing to Gurley.

Techfan02

Hope is pain
Honestly a real sleeper is the Utah state OC watched them against byu and he knows what to do with the talent he gets

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
We tried to run outside against Clemson instead of between the guards and didn't have all the much more success (as well as causing people to bitch with great frequency how dumb we are for not running between the guards).
It’s almost like how the defense plays our run game makes a difference. Clemson was launching guys on the outside getting up field fast. UNC did the same, but then crashed inside ignoring the QB. Pitt had 7 or 8 guys on the inside playing the run 100%.

Pitt completely committed to stopping the run (including the QB) and dared us to pass out of it. Sims got a lot of yards passing until the field compressed in the redzone.

TechAKnee

Flats Noob
I’m going to let this season play out before I jump on the replacement train because both sides of the ball has had success at times. We just haven’t seen any level of consistency. I really want this staff to succeed (specifically Collins) because if he doesn’t we will lose a decade of competitive football.

With that said, if we tank the rest of the season I don’t think Collins can afford to keep his staff as is.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Well we've all been arguing that if we want to compete we have to keep up with the Joneses.?

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
2 System Guys at CFB Outposts where the NCAA pays no attention to them that have gotten fat off of P5 Guys transferring to a lower level and then looking like world beaters, there's no telling what kind of transcripts the Guys they Recruit have to get accepted at a place the NCAA doesn't care about - they seem to be the CFB version of Cincinnati when Bob Huggins was the Head Coach for MBB.

#1 Can they Recruit the State of GA and go head to head vs all the Big P5 Programs that focus on GA HS Recruits?

Can they get a Team ready to play 8- 9 tough games per yr, rather than getting up for 3 Gms per yr at their current level?

Not sure lower level hot shots is the way to go this time.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
2 System Guys at CFB Outposts where the NCAA pays no attention to them that have gotten fat off of P5 Guys transferring to a lower level and then looking like world beaters, there's no telling what kind of transcripts the Guys they Recruit have to get accepted at a place the NCAA doesn't care about - they seem to be the CFB version of Cincinnati when Bob Huggins was the Head Coach for MBB.

#1 Can they Recruit the State of GA and go head to head vs all the Big P5 Programs that focus on GA HS Recruits?

Can they get a Team ready to play 8- 9 tough games per yr, rather than getting up for 3 Gms per yr at their current level?

Not sure lower level hot shots is the way to go this time.
But it worked so well with Bill Lewis!!

The Jacket

The Coat
Please nobody with any connection to GT... Hiring guys who aren't doing great somewhere else because we have golden memories of them is a horrible idea.
Fair enough. But could someone explain why people seem so opposed to Whisenhunt? I do not think he would do it anyway, since he apparently did not want the head job a few years ago. But if he was willing, why not?

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Fair enough. But could someone explain why people seem so opposed to Whisenhunt? I do not think he would do it anyway, since he apparently did not want the head job a few years ago. But if he was willing, why not?
One reason is he has like no recruiting track record, so we'd have no idea what we're getting with that and just hoping he could do it.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Hiring a pro guy seems like CCG redux. I'm having a hard time thinking of pro guys who went to college and were successful.

And if there's one thing that has proven successful with CCG, it's the change of attitude and tone he's embraced through social media, branding, clothing, etc. I don't think I've ever seen him in the same shirt twice, and it's always a different GT message. CPJ just wore whatever GT-logo polo was in the closet that day. So I'm all for someone with CCG's style and demeanor. Not sure you'd get that with many pro guys.