Odell Thurmond

LLCoolJacket

Damn Good Rat
Some of the radio guys were discussing a low rent, gangsta-ish move on the part of mister Thurmond during the UF game. Does anyone have any details?

Odell delivered a cheap shot early in the 4th qtr. Florida had 3rd down around the UGA 20, and Leak threw an incompletion out of the reach of the UF receiver. Out of nowhere, here comes Odell. He lowered his shoulder and hammered the Florida guy who didn't even see it coming (mainly because it was a good 3-4 secs after the ball hit the ground). Keep in mind, 4th down was coming up. Instead, the personal foul gave the Gators 1st & goal. UGAg ended up holding them to a field goal anyway (making it 13-3), but that penalty could've easily cost them the game.

If I remember correctly, it was really blatant. The UF guy missed the ball and had time to clap his hands once and (I'm guessing here) say "Damn", then two steps and WHAMO!

Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
If I remember correctly, it was really blatant.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Definitely blatant. Totally uncalled for penalty.

Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
If I remember correctly, it was really blatant. The UF guy missed the ball and had time to clap his hands once and (I'm guessing here) say "Damn", then two steps and WHAMO!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It was as blatant as that bizarre humping episode last year, but this time wasn't funny.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It was as blatant as that bizarre humping episode last year, but this time wasn't funny.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I immediately thought of the George Foster humping incident when I saw Thurmon's late hit.

Yea, that was a typical UGA hit and that hit got UF a 15 yd First Down and they scored a TD later in the drive.
A real class act that Rev. Mark is running in Athens. He did learn from Rev. Bobby!!!
wink.gif

It was definitely late, unnecessary, and deserving of a penalty.

It was not however equivalent to the bombing of the World Trade Center as it seems to be portrayed on here.
confused.gif

Originally posted by beeware:

It was not however equivalent to the bombing of the World Trade Center as it seems to be portrayed on here.
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Where do you get off man? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Where EXACTLY did ANYONE equate that late hit with WTC?

confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bee:
You're probably right... the Thurmond incident was just plain thuggish. What was more akin to the 'WTC Disaster' from the Dawg fans perspective was Fred Gibson dropping at least three (that I counted) passes. Wonder if the Athens crowd has run him out of town on a rail yet? Wonder when the billboards will be coming out pegging him as a marked man in the DawgNation for contributing to the UGA/FLA loss this year. Remember how the Leghumpers reacted to Terrance Edwards last year when he dropped a critical pass?

confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What a moronic and inappropriate post.. the only mention of the WTC came from you ... why dont you stay over on Buzzoff and slam the coach with Ms Tech?

What Thurman did was dumb and thuggish.. but it happens in the heat of a game.. what else could you expect from someone who has already spent time at GMC due to discipline problems..

What do you expect from a guy who flunked
his High School Art class???????

No joke this brain surgeon flunked High
School Art.

And his Art teacher was lambasted for not
passing poor old Odell in his art class.

You guys should've heard Buck Belue on the radio yesterday saying, "I don't care what they say, that was a bad call." in reference to the Odell hit. What a blind loyalist! And a radio guy at that!!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade our 'backers for anybody,....but Thurman is a player, plain and simple. Was that a late hit, yes.......but let's drop holier-than-thou crap,...makes us look weak.

GATA JACKETS!!!!!

JacketG or anyone what to heck is GMC? Don't worry about catfish he makes stupid statements all the time. (catfish my new name for BW)

Oldfoggy... Catfish ?? I like it...

GMC is Georgia Military College in Milledgeville.. its a Junior College that restarted its football program a few years back..

Like my dear departed dad once told me when we were on the way to a Tech/Cracker (but sure it was Tech) game in Atlanta when I was a kid, "you will meet all kinds in life some are like catfish, all mouth no brains" know what dad was right. My dad often, while alive gave me all those old sayings. Sorry if I hijacked this thread.

Back