Of the 10 players we lost to grades..

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Which ones do you guys most hope we get back..

I would love to have all 10 back but that is not going to happen...

Coach Gailey says he expects to get at least 4 back and is holding Schollys for them..

My choices in order are:

No.1 Tony Hargrove..We need help in a bad way on the DL. He said last week that he will be back in school this winter. Now if he doesnt go to the NFL any time sooner...He could use a redshirt and We would have him for 2 more years..That would be awesome...

No.2 Terron Pullen..He was an awesome looking young prospect and has already taken a redshirt but would have 3 years left..Again would provide much needed help on the DL...

No.3 Kingi McNair..He earned a starting spot this past spring.. He could take a redshirt and would have 3 years left...We lose 3 Lbs after this year and need help at LB..

No.4 Lekeldrick Bridges...Very fast reciever and would possibly be our best deep threat.Played a lot as a true Frosh.last year..Could take a redshirt and would have 3 years left..

Another possibility is Michael Sampson RB..Who really came on strong this past spring..Would be nice to get him back also...

Thoughts??

Did he say he hopes to get at least 4 back or at most 4? I am not trying to nit pick, I am just curious because I always thought that the best case scenario was 4 players returning.

What he said..Exact words is "Im holding 4 Sholarships" I take this to definetly mean we will get at least 4 back..Gailey and the Mr. Stephens has gotten this Academic thing worked out....Of course meaning when and if they do come back there will be a better support/monitoring system in place....

The chances of any of them coming back are slim to none. It would be nice, and I want nothing more than to get them back.

The reality of it is, that it would take a miracle for any of them to get back. Miracles do happen though. If you were run out of dodge, would you really want to come back though?

Hargrove asked for assistance in figuring out what he needed to do to get back in, but GTAA just ignored him. Don't ask my how I know this, I won't tell you. You can just take this info as internet rumor.

Beeserk..I dont want to argue with you..But If Coach Gailey he is holding 4 scholarships out for the return of 4 of the players and stated this then that HAS to mean he knows something you and I dont..I believe we will see at least 4 back..These 4 or 5 and their parents have to realize the problem with the Support system HAS BEEN FIXED and that Ms. Moore was fired (Should have fired long ago) as a result of it.

Blackwatch,

I heard something very simular to your post but slightly different. I heard that 4 players had inquired about coming back and we were going to hold 2 or 3 ships because we didn't expect all of them back.

I love your list and mine might be the same, but I don't know if these are the 4 that requested to come back.

I have heard that 2 of the 4 are Pullen and Sampson.

Ghost...

Coach Gailey last week said "He is holding 4 Schollys for the 10 that left" meaning he expected 4 to make it back..He said that Thursday on the Radio Show....

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Ghost...

Coach Gailey last week said "He is holding 4 Schollys for the 10 that left" meaning he expected 4 to make it back..He said that Thursday on the Radio Show....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good, I like your number better
smile.gif

Which ones do you guys most hope we get back..

I would love to have all 10 back but that is not going to happen...

Coach Gailey says he expects to get at least 4 back and is holding Schollys for them..

My choices in order are:

No.1 Tony Hargrove..We need help in a bad way on the DL. He said last week that he will be back in school this winter. Now if he doesnt go to the NFL any time sooner...He could use a redshirt and We would have him for 2 more years..That would be awesome...

No.2 Terron Pullen..He was an awesome looking young prospect and has already taken a redshirt but would have 3 years left..Again would provide much needed help on the DL...

No.3 Kingi McNair..He earned a starting spot this past spring.. He could take a redshirt and would have 3 years left...We lose 3 Lbs after this year and need help at LB..

No.4 Lekeldrick Bridges...Very fast reciever and would possibly be our best deep threat.Played a lot as a true Frosh.last year..Could take a redshirt and would have 3 years left..

Another possibility is Michael Sampson RB..Who really came on strong this past spring..Would be nice to get him back also...

Thoughts??
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BW you are sooooo close to the real thing from what iam hearing

Joe is perfectly happy wearing #35 for the Buffalo Bills, but has expressed interest into returning to Georgia Tech someday.

Beeserk..I dont want to argue with you..But If Coach Gailey he is holding 4 scholarships out for the return of 4 of the players and stated this then that HAS to mean he knows something you and I dont..I believe we will see at least 4 back..These 4 or 5 and their parents have to realize the problem with the Support system HAS BEEN FIXED and that Ms. Moore was fired (Should have fired long ago) as a result of it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't worry you are not arguing with me, and I am not arguing with you.

I am speaking to the reality of any student making it back into Tech. It isn't as simple as go to GMC, take some classes, get passing grades, and then ask Tech to let you back in.

The reality of them or any student making it back after flunking out is slim to none. Can it be done? Yes. It has nothing to do with what Gailey *might* know.

I am just saying don't expect it; that way you won't be dissapointed. If it happens, then it will be an extremely pleasant surprise.

Terron Pullen is on the roster at Georgia Military College, one of the best JC teams in the country. Also, a minor league team for the dawgs...

I've heard of a 5th that will try to make it back in Spring. He was a walk on.

From what it sounds like out of Spring, Sampson and McNair are the ones to keep. I'd add to that list Hargrove and Pullen.

Hargrove is a fool if he doesn't try at least one more year in college ball.

Ramblinwise, I read the same thing you did about Pullen playing for GMC but I reviewed GMC's roster in Sunday's Macon Telegraph and Pullen was not listed. Could have been a TYPO.

Beeserk..Believe me it is going to happen..There will be 4 to make it back...
You would have thought that the 2 Morris Brown players would have never Qualified But they did..Its called hard work..Gailey showered praises on Kenton Johnson on how he worked so hard to get in...

BW,
I hope you are right but right off the top of my head I can't remember any fball player ever flunking out and getting back to actually play.If you know some ,please enlighten.

there arent many..But believe me with this case and 10...Chan and Dave are throwing some Weight around on this one...Of course a kid can get back but would have to bust his rear end....Just wait till February and save this post....

I've heard direct from the staff that they are expecting at least 3 of the younger guys to return. They were not as optimistic in May, but the odds are better than 50/50 right now.

Back