Off Topic - Sox Flags Over Georgia

OldGold1968

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
The Scream Machine is a Chiropractors dream come true. I was expecting one to hand me a card at the exit.

FLTech

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Is the ninja still there? My god that was a rough coaster

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
The Scream Machine is a Chiropractors dream come true. I was expecting one to hand me a card at the exit.
I remember when The Scream Machine first came out and was the tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster in the world at a grand 95 feet high. In the late 70's early 80's you might have to wait hours to ride. Sometimes, they'd stamp your hand with a time to come back to ride.

Now it is rickety and slow

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Really? And the scream machine is still a favorite. My most favorite was the viper till it was replaced by the super man. In my opinion I don’t have much Fondness toward roller coasters besides feeling old. The new ones are awesome.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
If that is the Chiropractor’s dream come true, then the old Georgia Cyclone was for neuro and orthopedic spine surgeons. That damned thing felt like a 3 minute car wreck.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I haven't been in years, but it seemed like the Ninja was always either broken down or getting stuck in a really bad spot for an extended period of time.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
The roughest coaster was the wooden one up near the front that they tore down I think. That was a total back breaker.
The Georgia Cyclone.

The Great American Scream machine was another one that made you feel like you got in a 2.5 minute continuous car wreck.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven't been in years, but it seemed like the Ninja was always either broken down or getting stuck in a really bad spot for an extended period of time.
I never had a problem with the ninja, it was always operational, felt smooth to me, and had very short lines. Deja Vu was one that was constantly broken down/stuck, and they tore it down a number of years ago and put a little kids area in its place.

FLTech

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Does anybody remember Z-Force?

and I don’t think the parachute ride is still there

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
I never had a problem with the ninja, it was always operational, felt smooth to me, and had very short lines. Deja Vu was one that was constantly broken down/stuck, and they tore it down a number of years ago and put a little kids area in its place.
Deja Vu was rad if you got to ride it. Really good on the back row

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Z-Force was garbage. The Ninja (now renamed) was never worth the head beatings it gives you.

Mindbender was briefly renamed to Riddler, but they changed it back.

I never found the Cyclone to be too rough, haven’t ridden the new version.

The Scream Machine, like all good wooden coasters, varies a lot with weather conditions. The last few times I rode it, it was fast and rough as hell, way rougher than it used to be.

JRjr

texstinger

Dodd-Like
My last time at Six Flags the Great American Scream machine was going in reverse.

Many a soul either abandoned or reaffirmed their faith that day.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I don't suppose many here went to, or remember, FunTown.

Sweet mother of pearl.

Since our eager, lil kid hands were already grasping paid tickets to the Tilt A Whirl we were going to ride it come hell or high water. Well, they both came.

And all the Dads herded us screaming brats into the machine like cattle on a drive. A 5 cent ticket was harder to pay for those days and it would not go to waste.

The parents ran to the shelter of the station wagons as us kids rode The Whirl in a driving rain storm - screaming from the thrill of the ride combined with the yellow jacket like sting of each raindrop.

Ah, yes. Good times.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I don't suppose many here went to, or remember, FunTown.

Sweet mother of pearl.

Since our eager, lil kid hands were already grasping paid tickets to the Tilt A Whirl we were going to ride it come he'll or high water. Well, they both came.

And all the Dads herded us screaming brats into the machine like cattle on a drive. A 5 cent ticket was harder to pay for those days and it would not go to waste.

The parents ran to the shelter of the station wagons as us kids rode The Whirl in a driving rain storm - screaming from the thrill of the ride combined with the yellow jacket like sting of each raindrop.

Ah, yes. Good times.
I grew up in NW Ga and we have Lake Winnepesaukah. That place has been open mostly since the 1940s I believe.