Offense wins championships?

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
No but let's think about it:
1. No such thing as an OL holding in pass protection now days
2. But god forbid even think of blocking below the waist - bound to be a penalty
3. Bump and run physical coverage by DBs - a thing of the past
4. Is there still a rule against O-linemen down field?
5. You breathe hard on a QB - roughing the quarterback
Someone needs to tell Tech's O-line that they can hold now, because they've already given up 15 sacks - including five against the Drunken Irish.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Don't forget that 1/2 the passes thrown now are the pick routes or behind the line of scrimmage passes where receivers are actively blocking downfield on DBs before the pass is even thrown. May not have been from rule changes but is clearly a clear area for exploit by offenses now.

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller

I guess the precipitous dropoff in punts this year may be due to Covid and less defensive practice.
I get it, but also, how many drives end in turnovers compared to recent years? Especially coming from more aggressive coaching and players wanting TDs on every plays.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
I thought that was CBK's forte.
OL has improved this year despite playing a couple square pegs and 1 tFR. If we improve as much from Y2-Y3 as we did from Y1-Y2 we’ll have a pretty good unit next year.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
OL has improved this year despite playing a couple square pegs and 1 tFR. If we improve as much from Y2-Y3 as we did from Y1-Y2 we’ll have a pretty good unit next year.
The main question from 2 to 3 for this unit will be how many square pegs are still starting. If many are replaced by the newer Collins recruits, the 2 to 3 difference might be smaller but with hope of a big jump in 3 to 4. If they are still there, hopefully it means it will indeed be a good unit.