Official 2017 Off Season Coaching Changes Thread

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
Never even been a coordinator prior to his interim stint as HC, but the players seemingly wanted him overwhelmingly. Wonder what kind of offense he'll run? I really expected them to go with Bohannon.
"Players' choices" rarely work out as HC hires.

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
Never even been a coordinator prior to his interim stint as HC, but the players seemingly wanted him overwhelmingly. Wonder what kind of offense he'll run? I really expected them to go with Bohannon.
Worked out for Clemson with Dabo.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Joe Moorhead is the best hire in the SEC in a decade. Sad Tennessee.
IDK about that. In 2012 Auburn was 0-8 in the SEC, the school's worst season in 60 years. Chizik is fired; Malzahn is hired. The *next year* they go 12-2, winning the SEC and losing by 3 points to undefeated FSU in the NC. I'd say that's a pretty good hire.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
IDK about that. In 2012 Auburn was 0-8 in the SEC, the school's worst season in 60 years. Chizik is fired; Malzahn is hired. The *next year* they go 12-2, winning the SEC and losing by 3 points to undefeated FSU in the NC. I'd say that's a pretty good hire.
I don't count that as a hire as much as a re-hire, since the 2010-2011 team was his baby to begin with. Solid, though, no doubt.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
They interviewed Bohannon but my peeps in the Boro were telling me the AD there really wanted to get away from the triple. Houston from JMU backed out and they never interviewed Brent Davis, an Army assistant who was on PJ's staff at Ga. Southern and Navy. Good guy too.
Lunsford seems to have quite a bit of fan support. And I think they will keep the option in some form.
Cook, though, may be on his way out after all this, from what I hear.
The AD said it will be a national search, and wound up hiring the interim. Hmmm......

MEwreck02

Russian Hacker/Biologist
Can someone post a timeline of FSU events starting with the 2015 upset?
Yeah, Da U is finally back to set up the ulitmate ACC showdowns they wanted along, now FSU slinks back into mediocrity.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Taggart to FSU, Heupel to UCF. Rumor has Chad Morris going to Arkansas. Sumlin maybe in the mix at Oregon. Yo, Tennessee, where you at?

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Venables must be an awkward dude. So much success at Clemson and still no HC job. I'm so ready for that dude to be gone.

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
Venables must be an awkward dude. So much success at Clemson and still no HC job. I'm so ready for that dude to be gone.
I'm pretty sure he's a Bud Foster type. Content to be a DC and not have to deal with the pressure of being an HC.