Official Bama puts a whoopin' on the Mutts thread (we like one set of rednecks over the other)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Adamni

Flats Noob
Is there a bigger douche on the entire planet than Stetson Bennett? No. No, there isn't.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Stetson Bennett will become the new Buck Belue sports media mogul in the ATL for years to come. At least I won’t live that long or be in Atlanta that much to hear him. I hate it for the young Tech fans, though.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Why tho?

Tech fans buy season tickets based on UGA?

I’m not following.
Why? GT is already down to the diehards at games now. No non-affiliated fans are coming to watch a poorly coached team.
Many die hards are already on the fence about renewing. This will be an excuse that pushes some of them into the non-renew camp.

Or, put another way -- season ticket sales are based largely on fanbase morale. The worse you feel about the program, the less likely you will be to devote time and money to it.

U[sic]GA winning a national title is definitely bad for our fanbase's morale. For better or for worse, it's well documented that most GT fans hate U[sic]GA about as much as they love GT, and live and die by U[sic]GA's failures.

Case in point:

This is a bitter post, but Geoff Collins, Kirby Smart and ESPN have combined to do the heretofore impossible - I hate college football.
Plenty of die hards are feeling like this tonight, and will be thinking about this when tickets come up for renewal.

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
Stetson Bennett will become the new Buck Belue sports media mogul in the ATL for years to come. At least I won’t live that long or be in Atlanta that much to hear him. I hate it for the young Tech fans, though.
I had never seen a mutt championship. Us young uns had that going for us. But we've been through pain with Tech football, so we can weather this storm...no matter how dark it seems, there IS a brighter day tomorrow.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Many die hards are already on the fence about renewing. This will be an excuse that pushes some of them into the non-renew camp
I’m on the fence because the program is poorly run and the admin doesn’t care. I buy tickets knowing I can’t make all the games. Wondering if I should just stop.

The inbreds have zero bearing on whether or not I buy tickets.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Many die hards are already on the fence about renewing. This will be an excuse that pushes some of them into the non-renew camp.

Or, put another way -- season ticket sales are based largely on fanbase morale. The worse you feel about the program, the less likely you will be to devote time and money to it. And U[sic]GA winning a national title is definitely bad for our fanbase's morale. For better or for worse, it's well documented that most GT fans hate U[sic]GA about as much as they love GT, and live and die by U[sic]GA's failures.

Case in point:
Unfortunately I do not think our AD or our coach really care what the fans think.

GT98

Dodd-Like
no matter how dark it seems, there IS a brighter day tomorrow.
Maybe… when you think of how much money the big programs have and spend each season makes me wonder what the point is. Throw in the GTAA being broke, the football program poorly coached and the school admin not caring and I wonder why I do.

rain

Dodd-Like
We were so damn bad in 1980 we just didn’t care
We put the dogs in position to win a MNC by tying ND that year
The dawgs are much more obnoxious these days
And we suck more than we should for no real good reason
We are looking down the barrel of a meaningless lame duck season where we will be a joke
At least we will be so irrelevant nobody will will really notice
Our basketball team is also without hope in next few years
Welcome to 1979

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
We are looking down the barrel of a meaningless lame duck season where we will be a joke
Welcome to 1979
Where are we going to find the next Homer Rice?

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
Welcome to 1979
Its bad

Status
Not open for further replies.