Official Bama puts a whoopin' on the Mutts thread (we like one set of rednecks over the other)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoman

Varsity Lurker
Let's be real. Ever since that ESPN interview in the library our fans are more interested in studying than going to a football game. These people graduate and get good jobs. They're not suddenly interested in college sports and / or donating money. Until you convince the students that sports are important, this will only get worse. Our academics are top across the board. People aren't coming to Tech for our sports programs.
My daughter just got in, going to GT. She loves football but not enough to do honors college at either Uga, USCe, bama etc.
even for a full ride. Her friend is a big Uga fan (dad didn’t go to college and adopted Uga as big sidewalk fan). Nice girl, definitely going to Uga but she applied to GT and (in spite of football/dad) would go to gt, but she won’t get in.
I’ve been saying for years, I don’t see the next generation of alum GTAA donors coming along, but who knows, only takes a few who are really loaded.

erikill

Jolly Good Fellow
My daughter just got in, going to GT. She loves football but not enough to do honors college at either Uga, USCe, bama etc.
even for a full ride. Her friend is a big Uga fan (dad didn’t go to college and adopted Uga as big sidewalk fan). Nice girl, definitely going to Uga but she applied to GT and (in spite of football/dad) would go to gt, but she won’t get in.
I’ve been saying for years, I don’t see the next generation of alum GTAA donors coming along, but who knows, only takes a few who are really loaded.
Congrats on your daughters acceptance. I get it, I went to Tech for the engineering education and love college sports and donate / buy season tickets. But I've noticed less and less are interested, they want to help pioneer the next Tesla not people running around with concussions. But a school like UGA also has millions of sidewalk fans and alumni base. Much easier to get a few hundred here and there. Sucks but it's reality now.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Athletics has not been a priority for our leadership for a long time and the effects become more obvious every day. I do not think it will get better.

We may be competitive in basketball if we get the right coach, I have little hope football will get much better. It is hard to be optimistic after the last few years.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
This is the stupidest, most corrupt sport, designed for stupidity and corruption and making the people who play it literally stupider as it bashed their brains in.

Is it any surprise that the stupidest and dumbest college in the country succeeded at it.

Like, that statement above would be no different if the other team had won, except I wouldn’t have been personally as offended.

IM79

Flats Noob
This is the stupidest, most corrupt sport, designed for stupidity and corruption and making the people who play it literally stupider as it bashed their brains in.

Is it any surprise that the stupidest and dumbest college in the country succeeded at it.

Like, that statement above would be no different if the other team had won, except I wouldn’t have been personally as offended.
Football really does Resemble professional boxing these days

oldgoldbee

Flats Noob
My older brother who was the greatest GT fan I have ever known, may he rest in peace. My brother often stated if UGA ever gets it figured out and makes a great hire in a head coach, the sky will be the limit for that program. The dwags have pretty much gotten whoever they want in recruits thanks in a large part to their weak-ass academic requirement for their athletes. In 1968, I had a good friend in high school who was a very good football player, but was dumb as dirt when it came to academics, he was offered a scholarship to UGA, the only requirement was that he had to make 720 on the SAT test. My friend ended up taking the SAT seven times before he made 721 on the SAT, on his final try so he could be eligible to play for UGA. It now seems that my brother's often repeated statement has come true, UGA has a very good coaching staff in place, not sure how good Kirby is, but's it's for damn sure he can recruit. Kirby has the luxury of being able to hire any assistants he wants to, plus the UGA AA has an unlimited amount of $$$ to put into the program, their alumni give big bucks to UGA AA and they fill their stadium practically every home game they play, so the sky is the limit for UGA!

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.