Official Game Day Thread: Da I vs. Da U

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
You didn't answer my questions. Are you saying that it's not on the players because it's a widespread thing?
I feel like I answered that question in literally the first sentence of the post you quoted.

It's on the players too.
If that's the case, what are the coaches doing or not doing specifically?
I don't know, I don't have access to their practices.

As someone that's committed a boneheaded personal foul and more than plenty false starts, I just can't imagine blaming any of my coaches for any percentage of it no matter what he was or wasn't doing or how many other fouls have been committed by others.
It's not only on the coaches. But to say the coaches have zero percent responsibility for multiple players on their team consistently making mistakes across multiple games is crazy. They are literally hired to help players stop making mistakes and improve their games (in addition to other things, of course.)

That's why you hear so much talk about "team culture" every time a new coach is hired.

And while I hope the players wouldn't blame the coaches for their mistake, it's certainly fair for outside observers and the coaches' bosses to question why the coaches aren't helping players to correct those mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.