Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Castrated Turkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Shannahan fan either; but I think the goal right now is for him to simply get the ball out. Folks looking for him to be a finesse punter who picks spots aren't being realistic.
You mean we won't be able to see the 6 different ways he can punt a football? Strange. We were told such skill would make him a weapon.

they sure are pimping the hell out of black panther 2. every commercial

Yes (I know this was rhetorical), but felt like answering.

Key’s recruiting prowess is grossly overstated

Key's OL coaching prowess definitely was. He is a significant downgrade from Sewak, which is saying something we didn't think possible just a few years ago.

I am optimistic that the next coaching staff can make this roster into a mediocre OL and then improve upon it through recruiting.

I am optimistic that the next coaching staff can make this roster into a mediocre OL and then improve upon it through recruiting

I think that Pyron could be lighting these guys up if the OL could at least get in the way, much less block any VT players. I know that OL recruiting takes a while as you need those guys to physically mature. Ironic that the biggest rebuild will be occurring after coach juice left. ;)

I think that Pyron could be lighting these guys up if the OL could at least get in the way, much less block any VT players. I know that OL recruiting takes a while as you need those guys to physically mature. Ironic that the biggest rebuild will be occurring after coach juice left. ;)
it's gonna be the biggest rebuild in the history of ...................

I'm not a Shannahan fan either; but I think the goal right now is for him to simply get the ball out. Folks looking for him to be a finesse punter who picks spots aren't being realistic.

“Kick it far” is not picking a spot. He intentionally rotated the ball for the “pin them deep backspin” punt. Just kick it through the endzone.”

Should be easy to compare 2023 to 3019

“Kick it far” is not picking a spot. He intentionally rotated the ball for the “pin them deep backspin” punt. Just kick it through the endzone.”

Some punters rotate the ball so the threads are up. You may be reading too much into it.

Should be easy to compare 2023 to 3019

Actually, I am optimistic that the whole team could be better much sooner than we think as they have been pretty poorly coached for the last four years. Just average OL coaching will make the unit look much better (not too mention that they'll be a year older and hopefully better). Biggest thing to eradicate is the culture that Goof created--not the marketing, but the poor practicing and team hugs.

Glad we didn't get to see a replay there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back