Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrongo ..cbssn showing western michigan vs central michigan in my area (Tennessee), because of course that would be the game we want. acc blacks out in acc areas.
turns out comcast doesnt allow streaming cbs sports network either. jeez

turns out comcast doesnt allow streaming cbs sports network either. jeez
I use Comcast internet but have a psvue login for tv. I use that for my cbs sports app credentials. May want to try a 1 week trial of psvue to see if that gets you the login credentials you need

F*** ACC Network. have not been able to see a single this year because of those greedy Bast****. I guess maybe this is the year to miss, but its pathetic I have every f'in sports package going and acc blacks out because no deal w comcast. TSTAN you're losing us....

I doubt our AD has a great deal of say in negotiations between Comcast and ESPN, or with what network our game appears on in any given week.

I spent two years in Philly - I went to one basketball game at Temple (Cremins vs Cheney - a very good matchup).

Its a tough town, good cheese steak sammiches, etc. but I don't live there anymore - so to Hell with Philly and to Hell with Temple.

Anybody else got the feeling this might be a supremely ugly matchup? I’m thinking 13-10 type of score...if that much.

Anybody else got the feeling this might be a supremely ugly matchup? I’m thinking 13-10 type of score...if that much.
I usually refrain from posting if I don't think we are going to perform well. But I think its silly to keep pretending that all we have to do to have a chance is play well and not make mistakes. I understand we are in a talent deficit but what I cannot accept is a coaching deficit which is what I think we have at the OC position. And no, I didn't reach this conclusion after three games. I posted my concerns about our OC months before the season started and I have seen nothing that indicates my concern was unjustified.

I'm sure the game can be easily found at your local Sports Bar

A lot of you guys might have a nice time interacting with CFB Fans of other teams

Just a suggestion

wrongo ..cbssn showing western michigan vs central michigan in my area (Tennessee), because of course that would be the game we want. acc blacks out in acc areas.

You're talking about a game that isn't even on at the same time as our game. CBSSN is a national channel, not regional. Tech-Temple is the only game being broadcast on CBSSN at 3:30 ET.

I usually refrain from posting if I don't think we are going to perform well. But I think its silly to keep pretending that all we have to do to have a chance is play well and not make mistakes. I understand we are in a talent deficit but what I cannot accept is a coaching deficit which is what I think we have at the OC position. And no, I didn't reach this conclusion after three games. I posted my concerns about our OC months before the season started and I have seen nothing that indicates my concern was unjustified.

I hate to agree with this but...Nobody rotates quarterbacks because it’s stupid. It’s not like the option where a few programs run it. Literally NOBODY rotates 2 quarterbacks during drives every single game. It’s really bad.

An hour to TML. The only thing Temple and I have in common is that we're both about to get completely ööööing wrecked. Alone with a bottle of fireball in Brookhaven, I feel the hobo tailgate here with me in spirit. Feels a lot like heartburn. Go Jackets. To hell with Georgia.

I hate to agree with this but...Nobody rotates quarterbacks because it’s stupid. It’s not like the option where a few programs run it. Literally NOBODY rotates 2 quarterbacks during drives every single game. It’s really bad.
I've been wasted through the first few weeks of this season so maybe I missed it: has there been an explanation from Collins or the groundskeeper as to why they think we'll be the first school to pull it off? Or is it possible that they're treating 2019 like a 12-game spring training?

I've been wasted through the first few weeks of this season so maybe I missed it: has there been an explanation from Collins or the groundskeeper as to why they think we'll be the first school to pull it off? Or is it possible that they're treating 2019 like a 12-game spring training?

Collins yelled at the press for daring to ask this question, and said they don't ask why we rotate players at safety as if it's the same thing. He then said everyone above the line has earned the right to play and pulled out a participation trophy to give to Patenaude for a job well done against Citadel.

Collins yelled at the press for daring to ask this question, and said they don't ask why we rotate players at safety as if it's the same thing. He then said everyone above the line has earned the right to play and pulled out a participation trophy to give to Patenaude for a job well done against Citadel.
He’s covering for the fact that all the QBs suck and we really don’t have a QB.

Saints have done well with it in the NFL, albeit on a smaller scale.

I think the issue isn't so much the rotations themselves, but their function. There's one guy who is playing significant time at QB who doesn't really appear to be bringing much to the table. Supposedly he's a good passer, but I haven't seen it and it's a moot point when we're working behind a cadre of walk-ons at o-line and throwing to receivers who can't get separation against FCS DBs.

It's pretty simple: Unless playing multiple QBs is significantly adding to the effectiveness of your offense, stick with one guy.

I heard about him getting fussy at the presser, didn't realize it was over the QB/ATL question. If this is a matter of Collins treating this season like a preseason for 2020, I'd be completely okay with that because we are so obviously garbage. And if that were the case, I would understand him getting pissy because he can't answer that question honestly. But the man hasn't been here long enough for me to even guess whether he's smart enough to recognize what this season is. There are no benefits for our 2019 campaign in QB rotation, and doing so mid-drive is detrimental. The only way it makes sense in any universe is as preparation for the future and even then, there are some serious problems with how much it can be helping the QBs or the team they're trying to lead.

It's pretty simple: Unless playing multiple QBs is significantly adding to the effectiveness of your offense, stick with one guy.
This. We don't have enough talent anywhere for it to be a positive thing, because we're not Alabama. And even if the 5D Chess-preparation pipe dream were true, you're not helping any one of the QBs to settle in as the leader of the offense by removing them from possessions.

I have my lucky, sometimes unlucky shirt on. Hulu live streaming on my phone in the car. 64oz jug of Skull Camp Jacktober beer that I cant drink yet, hoping for a win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back