Official Gameday Thread - Jackets at Blue Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still one of the dumbest football rules still on the books. Muffed punt recovered in the end zone should be a safety. Coaches should teach their returners to stand that the 5 and just bat any ball that’s close through the back of the end zone.

2007 UGA game. They muffed two punts into the end zone and recovered for touchbacks. You’re rewarding the team for poor play. It’s retarded.

Football after COVID is like some kinda pop Warner do whatever tf you want experiment with these refs

Our DBs frustrate me more than CGC wearing a vest.

These guys get beat frequently, yet jump with arms spread wide signaling incompletion when the QB throws errant as if they had an impact on the play.

Save the energy and just line up and play the next friggin play!

That was a really terrible call that could cost us the game. We would've gotten 2 points and the ball

The refs made the ruling completely forgetting the ball had been muffed to begin with

If we had recovered in the EZ, would it not be a TD? That's not an advance. So why not safety? Obviously I'm ignorant of the rule there.

That was a really terrible call that could cost us the game. We would've gotten 2 points and the ball

The refs made the ruling completely forgetting the ball had been muffed to begin with
Muffing a punt =/= possession. I’m pretty sure that’s the right call, and I’ve seen it several times in the past, including against us in 2007 vs. UGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back