Official Gameday Thread: TECH vs. Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, how far we have fallen. Have to really question CGC coaching abilities. The D shouldn't be this bad. Not a complete rebuild there.

I'm really struggling to understand exactly how our defense can be so consistently bad for so long. We're regressing to our norm, but facing way more snaps with way less rest. Our offense is going to be good enough to win some games later this year if we can get back on track defensively.

Wait, this is Duke's homecoming?

Jeez, can it get any worse?

Def because of time of possession. That’s why the defense is looking so much worse this year. Cuz they’re on the field more
If only there was a way they could GRT OFF THE ööööING FIELD!!!!

Maybe if they’d stop the opposing offense?

That Brown completion aside - which was beautiful - why the hell is every route we’re running 25 yards down the field? Everybody in the stadium can see the OL is a sieve. Throw quick passes. The one slant we’ve thrown was an easy 1st down.

I would have thought getting the ball to TO with short passes and letting him expand the play with his running skills would be a thing.

Def because of time of possession. That’s why the defense is looking so much worse this year. Cuz they’re on the field more
So what you're saying is our defense would be much better if only we had an offense that dominated time of possession? Got it. Glad we're on the same page.

If only there was a way they could GRT OFF THE ööööING FIELD!!!!

Maybe if they’d stop the opposing offense?
I just meant total series in a game. No matter what the defense does in a game, they’re seeing more total snaps this year because of offense scheme

Jesus, how far we have fallen. Have to really question CGC coaching abilities. The D shouldn't be this bad. Not a complete rebuild there.
While partially true, the lack of talent is apparent. The triple option did a lot to hide how bad we actually were on defense for a long time. With our offense now not being able to sustain drives, the D is fully exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back