Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 2 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Approve

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 82 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Time to vote for your coach for week 2

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Good win. Good game plan. I approve based on the positive performance. Hard to expect much more from that last game. I wasn’t disappointed in the coaching and there wasn’t anything that really pissed me off.

I’m still pissed about NIU, but I’m moving on. I just hope this next game is competitive for a bit and we come close to covering.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I "Approved" because we took care of business last weekend. That is what we were supposed to do so there you have it.

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
Are we looking at CGC’s tenure at GT so far or just the previous weeks performance?

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I’m still voting overall and not just based on the KSU game. We need to show some progress against ACC opponents this year for me to even consider getting on the hype train.

His response to that “what would you say to the fans” question last week put him in as deep a hole as any Tech coach in my lifetime. Bad enough to look like a clown show on the field (against NIU), but at least own it.

JRjr

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Did what was required against Kennesaw State, I want to see some results in league play. I'm a fan against Geoff

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Approved this week. Looked much better overall. Much better prepared too. Disapproved last week.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I'm surprised at the big change in results so far. I voted No last week and again this week. It will take more than a win of an FCS opponent to change my mind.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Poll question needs more clarity on whether it's for this week specifically or just our current assessment of how he's doing overall. Hard to believe a win over KSU would change anyone's opinion on overall performance.

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
Yeah, just a binary choice is tough. I still went with "Disapprove," but the trend is in a better direction. The game this week was basically holding serve. We should beat the snot out of an FCS team and we did. Overall the in-game coaching and preparation was much better than what we saw last week. Yates, and really the rest of the skill-position players, played well. The D had a few miscues, but generally played well. The O-line...showed some improvement, but still has a ways to go to get to where it should be at this point. I'm still not sold on this season, nor nearly as optimistic as I was heading into the season, but I'm hopeful we can beat the rest of the teams we're supposed to be.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to learn a whole lot next week either. If we aren't getting blow off the ball at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, I'll take it as further improvement.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Yeah, just a binary choice is tough. I still went with "Disapprove," but the trend is in a better direction. The game this week was basically holding serve. We should beat the snot out of an FCS team and we did. Overall the in-game coaching and preparation was much better than what we saw last week. Yates, and really the rest of the skill-position players, played well. The D had a few miscues, but generally played well. The O-line...showed some improvement, but still has a ways to go to get to where it should be at this point. I'm still not sold on this season, nor nearly as optimistic as I was heading into the season, but I'm hopeful we can beat the rest of the teams we're supposed to be.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to learn a whole lot next week either. If we aren't getting blow off the ball at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, I'll take it as further improvement.
We dominated an FCS team but I also think this might be literally the first time where we dominated anyone.

MidnightJacket

Damn Good Rat
Didn't approve of the staff last week, approve of them this week. I knew when PJ was hired we'd eventually transition away and knew there would be bumps in the road. The first 3 years were always going to be "transition" years in my book with some heart break, although NIU is exceeding allowable heart break. That said, Collins' salesman shtick is starting to run thin, I would prefer a more honest assessment after a crushing loss, but it's over now, and with this week's win it's on to the next game. Let's hope for some kind of improved QB & defensive play at Clemson, if at all possible.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I voted approve because we avoided a complete failure against KSU. I still want us to hire the best coordinators available at the end of the season.

GT76

Damn Good Rat
I voted Disapprove last week. While I’m pleased with the outcome this week, I need to see more against FBS teams and some consistent good performance before I can change my vote.

BuzzinWreck78

Helluva Engineer
I'll wait to see some ACC games before changing my vote.
I think I know which Yates would win a poll for starting QB ..

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
38% approval rating. I supposed it’s better than 6%.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Poll question needs more clarity on whether it's for this week specifically or just our current assessment of how he's doing overall. Hard to believe a win over KSU would change anyone's opinion on overall performance.
Do they clarify öööö for people when they take a presidential approval poll? As of this moment do you approve or disapprove of him. Just answer how you feel about him at the moment. The week 1 and week 2 öööö is for me to make a neat little approval chart at the end of the season.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Just to clarify again, the question is simply do you approve of the head coach? Basically do you think his current performance including all his past blunders is approval worthy. I’m doing a weekly survey so I can plot out his performance week over week throughout the season. It’s what I do with our employees at work so I’m applying it to GT HC since we are paying his salary.