Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 2 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Approve

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 82 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
We shall see. I have a feeling he’ll have a surprise win against someone he’s not supposed to beat.
Yep but if an upset happens after a string of bad losses then I doubt it’ll help. An upset early in the season would help Collins immensely.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Do they clarify öööö for people when they take a presidential approval poll? As of this moment do you approve or disapprove of him. Just answer how you feel about him at the moment. The week 1 and week 2 öööö is for me to make a neat little approval chart at the end of the season.
That makes sense, the confusion just came from "Time to vote for your coach for week 2", which at least to me made me think it was specifically about his performance during week 2. Got it now though.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I was among the 6 percent, so I can hardly change coming off a win. Can't see the Clemson result changing it, either.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
For poeple in disapprove, what would it take to get you to change to approve next weekend? A win? Two TD spread? Not possible?

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
What's the over under on next Monday's approval rating, recency bias and all? 15%?

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Just to clarify again, the question is simply do you approve of the head coach? Basically do you think his current performance including all his past blunders is approval worthy. I’m doing a weekly survey so I can plot out his performance week over week throughout the season. It’s what I do with our employees at work so I’m applying it to GT HC since we are paying his salary.
Thanks that helps a lot! But what does "approve" mean

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I'm surprised at the big change in results so far. I voted No last week and again this week. It will take more than a win of an FCS opponent to change my mind.
Same here. 38 pts by the Offense are Gailey type numbers.

Half time adjustments were bad, but we were subbing in players, so there is some mitigating factors. We had 3 TD and 3 punts in the second half despite getting 2 turnovers. The second half of the KSU game was no better than the second half of the niu game. We have had 1 half out of 4 this year that played to the level of the talent available.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
For poeple in disapprove, what would it take to get you to change to approve next weekend? A win? Two TD spread? Not possible?
A win against Clemson would not only swing the entire board but it would also destroy uga's one top tier win. We would probably make a golden statue of Geoff Collins and start worshipping it. Kids would start wearing moneydown tshirts, dads would wear Mayhem404 hats, women would name their babies Geoff or Collins like that one idiot who made AJC, it would be insane.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Probably just look competitive and be in the game at halftime. If Clemson doesn't pull their starters until mid-way 4th quarter that would probably be adequate.

We shall see. I have a feeling he’ll have a surprise win against someone he’s not supposed to beat.
Is there anyone left on the schedule GT is supposed to beat? Duke maybe??

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Still saw a lot of the same things on Saturday as I did the one before.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
He could probably lose this game, even horribly, and pick up approval, if he just handled the loss differently. People want to be convinced that he is motivated to win, and all the happy times on the sideline and getting defensive at pressers just doesn't communicate it.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
A win would do it. But so would a well prepared team that puts in the effort and has effective game management.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
He could probably lose this game, even horribly, and pick up approval, if he just handled the loss differently. People want to be convinced that he is motivated to win, and all the happy times on the sideline and getting defensive at pressers just doesn't communicate it.
yes he really shat the bed with his post NIU presser.