Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 2 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Approve

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 82 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
Wins are better than losses, and although there is still plenty to work on, I approve of the W. I see fewer mistakes being made in terms of dumb penalties, and it’s nice to see kickoffs reach the middle or back of the end zone. I like our offensive weapons with Gibbs, Mason, Smith, Carter, and McGowan. Yates is completing 70% of his passes and has yet to turn the ball over.

Of course next week is Clemson and the speed and physicality of the game is about to pick up immensely from our first two games. I always make the trip to Death Valley and this weekend will be no exception. My last four visits have been rough, and while I am not expecting a W, I do expect us to compete at a high level :first:.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Wins are better than losses, and although there is still plenty to work on, I approve of the W. I see fewer mistakes being made in terms of dumb penalties, and it’s nice to see kickoffs reach the middle or back of the end zone. I like our offensive weapons with Gibbs, Mason, Smith, Carter, and McGowan. Yates is completing 70% of his passes and has yet to turn the ball over.

Of course next week is Clemson and the speed and physicality of the game is about to pick up immensely from our first two games. I always make the trip to Death Valley and this weekend will be no exception. My last four visits have been rough, and while I am not expecting a W, I do expect us to compete at a high level :first:.
Thank God for you. Enjoy the trip

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
yes he really shat the bed with his post NIU presser.
Yep, I was already pissed off about the loss, and watching that presser really put me over the edge into needing to see and hear something different sooner rather than later.

A win at Clemson wouldn’t get me back on board if we still ended up 3-9.

JRjr

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Yep, I was already pissed off about the loss, and watching that presser really put me over the edge into needing to see and hear something different sooner rather than later.

A win at Clemson wouldn’t get me back on board if we still ended up 3-9.

JRjr
I’ll be ok if we only win against in-state schools this year.

WreckRod

Dodd-Like
He could probably lose this game, even horribly, and pick up approval, if he just handled the loss differently. People want to be convinced that he is motivated to win, and all the happy times on the sideline and getting defensive at pressers just doesn't communicate it.
This is definitely a significant portion of it for me. Own the loss, take responsibility. But he also keeps clearly demonstrating that he doesn't understand game preparation or game management on a fundamental level. I don't mind the Dabo/Clemson approach of having the HC be rah rah recruiting and the coordinators do the heavy lifting strategically. However, I don't know that GT has the depth of pockets necessary to hire and retain coordinators good enough to do that.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
For poeple in disapprove, what would it take to get you to change to approve next weekend? A win? Two TD spread? Not possible?
yeah, lose by less than two TDs

It would be a "good loss". Since 2014 GT win:
81October 10, 2015Clemson, SC#6 Clemson43–24
82September 22, 2016Atlanta, GA#5 Clemson26–7
83October 28, 2017Clemson, SC#7 Clemson24–10
84September 22, 2018Atlanta, GA#3 Clemson49–21
85August 29, 2019Clemson, SC#1 Clemson52–14
86October 17, 2020Atlanta, GA#1 Clemson73–7

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
Look competent for the rest of the season and competitive in most of the remaining games. Show improvement through the rest of the season. Anything less should lead to dismissal next year for anything embarrassing (immediately) or another year without a .500 record.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
We are all rooting for Collins. Collins is responsible for every frustrated poster. If he doesn’t want negativity around the program then he should stop making negative decisions. It’s not a matter of being for him or against him. He reaps what he sows. None of us picked Lucas Johnson as his game 1 starter. He did. None of us called the worst coached game I’ve ever seen against the Citadel. He did. None of us had a team basically quit against Clemson last year. He did. None of us never adjusted to NIU. He didn’t. None of us continue to play certain defensive players who have gotten burned repeatedly. He has.

On the flip side, none of us got Gibbs to sign. He did. None of us have gotten more 4 stars rostered than ever before. He did.

Point is we are all rooting for him because his success is our success. He controls the narrative come Saturday at 7pm, not us.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
For poeple in disapprove, what would it take to get you to change to approve next weekend? A win? Two TD spread? Not possible?
It's not possible next weekend. I'm in disapprove until we have multiple 7+ win seasons