Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 6 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Yes

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • No

Votes: 90 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
This still comes down to the OL. Key was supposed to be the OL Whisperer. He was given the Asst. Head Coach title and a salary to match. The OL should be better coached in all areas at this point.
A few of those guys on the OL had a ton of starts/experience at the college level, but so far all that experience has been irrelevant. Those guys were either not as good as advertised or Key has been overhyped.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I was on the fence after Clemson and said a win against UNC would get me into the approve camp, and it did. I was willing to stay there even with a loss to Pitt, as long as we looked competitive -- but we didn't. It will take more than a very uneven win against Duke to win me back, even if they are "one of the best offenses in the country."

My expectation when Collins was first hired was a bowl berth in season 3. That is still my expectation. Get there and I'm back in approval mode. I'm not convinced that will happen at this point.

Techfan02

Hope is pain
Like I said HC will approve unless otherwise OC amd DC is a different story

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
My criteria for approval is always "did I have fun watching GT football last week?" I'm not too concerned about wins and losses, they happen, but I gotta have something to watch.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Baring a 7+ win season, I am stuck at do not approve without staff changes. We are getting better players, but we haven’t seen the performance to go along with it. We’ll see how the season plays out and what adjustments need to be made to reach the next level.

When CGC was hired, I figured this would be the season to assess his support staff. The expectation was to be at the level we were at during the TM years. So we need to be in the 5-7 win range. Below 5 wins and we would need drastic changes. Seven wins would be stay the course. That NIU ööööshow really put us off schedule.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
I was on the fence after Clemson and said a win against UNC would get me into the approve camp, and it did. I was willing to stay there even with a loss to Pitt, as long as we looked competitive -- but we didn't. It will take more than a very uneven win against Duke to win me back, even if they are "one of the best offenses in the country."

My expectation when Collins was first hired was a bowl berth in season 3. That is still my expectation. Get there and I'm back in approval mode. I'm not convinced that will happen at this point.
Dabo missed a bowl in year three.

andrew

Dabo missed a bowl in year three.
And I bet most people in Clemson disapproved of his performance at that point. Certainly on this board we were pointing and laughing, basically calling him a clown who couldn't back up his talk with success.

I'm not advocating for firing Collins. I'm rooting for him to have success here, and he certainly still may. But do I approve of the job he has done up to now? No, I don't.

andrew

and, like the Masengill products bleeding all over the board now, they were wrong.
Yes. But I'm not sure I understand your point. I've already said that I don't think he should be fired, he could still have success here, and I'm rooting for him. Do you think it's wrong of me to disapprove of his performance up to this point just because it's possible he may turn it around in the future like Dabo did?

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Yes. But I'm not sure I understand your point. I've already said that I don't think he should be fired, he could still have success here, and I'm rooting for him. Do you think it's wrong of me to disapprove of his performance up to this point just because it's possible he may turn it around in the future like Dabo did?
One guy whining doesn’t really present a problem. But here we have eight thousand people who only post after a loss and get vaginal blood all over the curtains. So the one guy gets lumped in with the bleeders.

Techfan02

Hope is pain
Bowl game is super important 2 extra weeks of pratice would be really nice.

andrew

Wait Dabo has made a bowl every single season he was head coach? Lol.