Official Stingtalk Notre Dame Tailgate Thread

Complain about the food and I will degrade your mother even further.
I, for one, was impressed as usual with Archie's Grill!
The bacon cheese burgers tasted delicious, especially when paired with the potato wedge and the buffalo-flavored pretzel pieces.

The weather was amazing!
The location was nice, I thought and pretty convenient.
The attendees were well behaved (except probably me) and whoever broke out the Outlaw Whiskey!

Even @JJacket had the cojones to show up and shake my hand. Nice to meet you!

As a world-wide tailgate connoisseur, I rate this tailgate at 4.5 party beers

Retouch_20241020_083757010.pngRetouch_20241020_083757010.pngRetouch_20241020_083757010.pngRetouch_20241020_083757010.png
Retouch_20241020_083757010.png

I, for one, was impressed as usual with Archie's Grill!
The bacon cheese burgers tasted delicious, especially when paired with the potato wedge and the buffalo-flavored pretzel pieces.

The weather was amazing!
The location was nice, I thought and pretty convenient.
The attendees were well behaved (except probably me) and whoever broke out the Outlaw Whiskey!

Even @JJacket had the cojones to show up and shake my hand. Nice to meet you!

As a world-wide tailgate connoisseur, I rate this tailgate at 4.5 party beers

Retouch_20241020_083757010.pngRetouch_20241020_083757010.pngRetouch_20241020_083757010.pngRetouch_20241020_083757010.png
Retouch_20241020_083757010.png
Oh, so not gonna mention breaking the seal on the porta John?

My issue with MBS is I just feel out of place. It is a pro stadium. It doesn't feel like going to a GT game. I love our campus feel.

Oh, so not gonna mention breaking the seal on the porta John?

My issue with MBS is I just feel out of place. It is a pro stadium. It doesn't feel like going to a GT game. I love our campus feel.
I agree. Campus feels more nostalgic. After the game you can walk around the campus and tell your kids, “this is where we did […]” or “this is where the […] building used to be.” After the Benz, you just go to the hotel.

I agree. Campus feels more nostalgic. After the game you can walk around the campus and tell your kids, “this is where we did […]” or “this is where the […] building used to be.” After the Benz, you just go to the hotel.
Or, in my case, walk down the sidewalk and reminisce about the intersection where the kid got hit by the hit and run driver a few years ago (last year?) or whatever.

Just no nostalgia there. I understand big dog donors wanting to go there and sit in a nicer box and get catered food and not watch the game. I could see plenty of that from my vantage point in 222. There were several boxes completely empty. I guess PSL owners didn't want to give up their "property".

I still think Stingtalk ought to try to make a deal with GT and buy out either 213, 214, 215, 216, or 217 below the walkway and have it the section for misfit toys section right above the student section. Right behind the goalposts would be ideal. Creative ways to troll kickers could be a thing. 215 would be ideal, but 217 is the smallest section and doable.

I know....blah blah...I wanna sit on the 45 yardline lower west....blah blah.....

…I still think Stingtalk ought to try to make a deal with GT and buy out either 213, 214, 215, 216, or 217 below the walkway and have it the section for misfit toys section right above the student section. Right behind the goalposts would be ideal. Creative ways to troll kickers could be a thing. 215 would be ideal, but 217 is the smallest section and doable….

Count me in - it’s rather lonely in 222 these days anyway.

Count me in - it’s rather lonely in 222 these days anyway.
It is sad that one of the best upper decks in college football is so empty. We used to make fun of the emptiness of the upper North. Now, there can be a section of the UE you can hand count from my seats.

Or, in my case, walk down the sidewalk and reminisce about the intersection where the kid got hit by the hit and run driver a few years ago (last year?) or whatever.

Just no nostalgia there. I understand big dog donors wanting to go there and sit in a nicer box and get catered food and not watch the game. I could see plenty of that from my vantage point in 222. There were several boxes completely empty. I guess PSL owners didn't want to give up their "property".

I still think Stingtalk ought to try to make a deal with GT and buy out either 213, 214, 215, 216, or 217 below the walkway and have it the section for misfit toys section right above the student section. Right behind the goalposts would be ideal. Creative ways to troll kickers could be a thing. 215 would be ideal, but 217 is the smallest section and doable.

I know....blah blah...I wanna sit on the 45 yardline lower west....blah blah.....
I believe the great re-seat is scheduled for Spring 2027. So you have a little bit of time to work on your pitch deck to the GTAA.

I think your proposition could be framed similarly to supporters groups in soccer. And agree that is the right area to do it. Looking at a current seating map it appears one section will seat around 125 ticket holders in the future.

Do you also get greedy and negotiate for naming rights e.g. StingTalk Terrace?

I believe the great re-seat is scheduled for Spring 2027. So you have a little bit of time to work on your pitch deck to the GTAA.

I think your proposition could be framed similarly to supporters groups in soccer. And agree that is the right area to do it. Looking at a current seating map it appears one section will seat around 125 ticket holders in the future.

Do you also get greedy and negotiate for naming rights e.g. StingTalk Terrace?
Club 125 would have everything. Fatties, skinnies, carnies, strippers, unstrippers, free burner phones, furries, and more lube than a P Diddy Christmas party.

We need to set up a Student organization with lots of students joining Stingtalk and then getting access to block seating

Back