Officiating?

Father WASP

Flats Noob
Can someone please help me to understand why year after year the AD's, coaches (in the off-season as to not publicly violate media rules), don't do something to upgrade the officiating? With the benefit of replay, you find the NFL zebras rarely miss one. Granted, there are more college games and therefore the pool of qualified refs is diluted, but good grief man that stuff on Saturday was pathetic, even for high school calibre.

Seems with the millions and millions of dollars being poured into the game, and especially t.v. money, the NCAA could pump these guys through a week or two of high intensity training if they want to get on the field.

I'm really skeptical after hearing an interview conducted by Woody Durham, of UNC, to the head of the ACC officials. This guy sounded brain-dead, would admit no wrongdoing or any errors, said that if something major was brought to their attention "they" the refs would handle it internally. At first I thought it was a Sat. Night live spoof since the SOB couldn't even carry on a conversation. Now it makes perfect sense as to why I saw that moron in the secondary make not one, two but three disastrous calls against Tech. Incompetence or cheating?? You guys help me with this one. I'm wondering just how this guy - from the ACC - will screw us in Athens this year.

Back