Okay I need some remedial help

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
There are a number of posts going back and forth on who is to blame for all of this. I need some info on how things are supposed to work. Specifically:

1) How is attendance supposed to be reported? By whom and to whom?

2) How is the coaching staff supposed to keep up on who is in academic trouble? Are they allowed to question profs about SAs work or is that considered interfering and/or intimidating the prof?

3) What exactly is Moore's responsibility?

4) Do we in fact know that guys flunked courses or did they not pass enough hours to maintain progress towards a degree?

5) Were they in good standing as of fall semester?

6) If yes to #5, I would assume they are now on academic warning. I thought you could play (probably wrong) on warning so are they actually on probation? Is so, how did they get there so fast?

7) Was this about one course? Were they all in the same class?

8) I assume that since they cannot get their eligibility back in summer school it's more than one course? Does that make sense?

9) If players were actually already on warning for the spring, why were they practicing? Did the coaches know their status? If so did they fail a final?

Any info would be appreciated. I'm as pissed as everybody else. As most know I've been more supportive of Chan (actually of all our coaches/teams) than some but want to understand how we got where we are. If this is something that was in his control and wasn't handled correctly it's one more strike against him. If it's Braine, he needs to take the blame and correct the situation. If it's Moore same deal. Not sure if I think somebody needs to go, at least not yet. But I'm open to suggestions.

Could you repeat the question?

BOO

Ncjacket, some very tough questions to be addressed. I look forward to the General's reply with great anticipation. For he seems to be right on top of things.

If you ever get those questions answered, I've got one to add - WHAT DOES ANYONE HAVE TO DO TO GET THEIR ASS FIRED AT GA.TECH?

FW that's another good one. Seems to me like somebody should go. But with the matrix sounding chart of responsibility I'm damned if I know who.

Back