Old Hiver.........

Father WASP

Flats Noob
Law I think, as indicated in a post a few days ago, that you might be right. Tenuta has links to Braine, wants to be a head coach and is one of the few with experience enough to take the reigns. It will,however, be short lived.

Also,the guy just had his depth chart trashed by flunk-gate, so proving his capabilities on the defensive side of the ball this year is going to be tough.

Jerry, as usual you are right.

The only thing I can suggest to you my friend is hit the Varsity early and leave the car running this year, but this too, in time will pass.

Well to all the posters in this particular thread, I have been following Tech football for about 56 years now, so I guess I trump you.

I don't care how long you have followed Tech football, you can not judge a coach on one year when he was saddled with an OC not of his choosing. Anyone that states as a fact that the offense last year was that of Gailey's is talking through his hat.

This is the year Gailey has to establish his own offense and prove he can or can't win at Tech. Nothing has been proved yet. None of you have any facts.

After this years season, you can make some statements with some assurance. As of now, none of you know anything other than your opinions which will get you a cup of coffee if you pay a buck fifty to boot.

Yes, you can come over here and state your opinions, but remember they are not fact and no better than anyone else's opinion. Any one stating things as fact at present concerning Gailey's coaching abilities is delusional and strung out on a limb.

We might lose every game this year, and we might win every game this year, and no person on this board can state with certainty any facts to the contrary.

Whine, whine, whine.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ahso, you are right on one thing, all any of this amounts to is one's opinion. Your's carries no more weight than mine or beebad's, or Father Wasp, or Ms. Tech Analysis. No one glories in the downfall of Chan Gailey or Georgia Tech football. If there was not concern, no one would take the time to express their opinion.

I hope you are right and Coach Gailey proves to be a great coach bringing many victories to Tech. I just think and in my opinion, based on what we have seen so far, there are major problems with Coach Gailey and his program.

No need to get upset when folks disagree with you and no need to run to Coach Gailey's defense anytime anyone expresses concern about the way he is running things. Your defense pleas are eloquent and would inspire even Johnny Cochran. To me while the jury is still out, the preponderance of evidence is weighing heavily in the direction of Coach Gailey not being the right man to lead our program.

I'll leave it at that.

Go Jackets !

1st off lets be careful how you use the name oldfogey. Yes I spell mine oldfoggy thats so you can call it fog or fogey. Lets get down to brass tacks Mine and Ahso's opinions are worth as much as anyone who posts here. Since I've been watching Tech for over 55 years I can say I've also seen the good, the bad, the ugly. BUT until some of you who are laying all the problems at CCG's feet prove it is CCG's fault you are no more correct than Ahso or I. I would agree however that this stinks to high heavens but is it CCG's fault you don't know and I don't know. So until you come in and say and prove CCG failed those kids out of school I suggest that you keep on posting and some of us will sit sit and wait for the truth to come out. Oh yes welcome.

OF: You are entitled and I respect that - it's the attack mode I can't tolerate and categorizing posters. Have never seen you do this but I'm afraid others have and that's not right.

Opinions are what this and any other board is - personal attacks are uncalled for by anybody. I will respond to an attack BUT NEVER INITATE ONE!! I would hope that it stops soon.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
OF: You are entitled and I respect that - it's the attack mode I can't tolerate and categorizing posters. Have never seen you do this but I'm afraid others have and that's not right.

Opinions are what this and any other board is - personal attacks are uncalled for by anybody. I will respond to an attack BUT NEVER INITATE ONE!! I would hope that it stops soon.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsTech, you are blessed: you don't have the testosterone levels we do. We can hardly help but attack those we see as enemies of GT football.

Belly:

I have never seen ENEMIES OF GT FOOTBALL HERE!! I have been categorized as one because of my feelings concerning this coach and that is so far removed from the truth and fact. For someone who gives to this school monetarily and season tix for a long time - my spirit for what I want positive to happen from the outside looking in is most important. I have a 16 year old who desparately wants to attend this school and I can't tell you how important that is to her and our family.

This umbrella called "Stingtalk" is a haven for those who love this school and are dedicated to all its programs - I know I am and I never stepped foot through the doors as a student (like a lot of others here). We are all speaking with our hearts here. We have a situation here that is defining our passion what ever side you are on. Aren't we all the same in our passion????

Jerry, I agree on everything you say in your last post except one. I never get upset. All of my replies are well calculated to get the results I am looking for.

I tend to respond to different ones in different manners, because I see different people and different styles.

My responses at this particular time are more testy than usual on purpose. It should be obvious there are a few that are sitting on dead ready just to hear some negative news about Gailey. They are yearning to hear this news so they can begin their campaign again to get rid of him.

The folly of all this is the fact they can do nothing about it. He will be here through this year regardless. The only thing that would make him leave would be of his own accord. The administration would not fire him until after this year regardless of what happens on the field.

I have always been for the underdog. I do not like to see people bully others or take cheap shots. That is exactly the thing that is happening with Gailey at this time. Cheap shots without knowing all the facts.

Anyone who has followed my posts are well aware I was upset at last years performance, so I am not blindly defending Gailey's position at this time. I am defending his right to have a fair shake like anyone else should have.

He is not going anywhere until after the season, unless of his own accord. I am trying to insert some sanity on the board. There are already too many who have thrown sane reasoning to the wind, and blindly jumped on the "Fire Gailey" bandwagon that is not going anywhere.

It is counterproductive at this time. Those who are calling for his firing are doing nothing but making Tech the laughing stock of the ACC and State of Georgia. Does this sound any different than the red-necks up the highway?

I have not attacked but one person on the board. He is too presumptious and needed the reprimand. In fact, I will not deal with him until he shows a little maturity in his posts.

I have attacked the ideas of those calling for the firing of Gailey, but I have not attacked them personally.

If Gailey is let go after this next year, so be it, it will not bother me one iota. The only thing that would bother me is to see anyone run out of town on the rail without a fair trial.

Since last year's team still had a mixture of the old regime and most of the players from that regime, little can be discerned from last year, other than it was close to a disaster. It cannot be proved where the fault lay.

It can be determined after this year.

If after an internal investigation is completed, and Gailey is found to be negligent on academic monitoring, it is up to the AD to have a serious talk with him.

If he is found innocent, then the AD needs to pursue a course of action to correct the deficiencies in the academic tutoring system.

There should be some sane heads and sane reasoning somewhere. Everyone doesn't need to run around like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off.

I have exchanged posts with you on the Hive and here and have always respected your responses. We agree many times, but I realize we also have the right to disagree.

wink.gif

Agree Ahso, I like you don't want to see this problem at Ma Tech to get out of hand and start saying fire everyone in sight until all the truth is know. If I attached someone on the board I hope this apology is accepted. As a fan for over 55 years I can't help but be somewhat upset with all the fire Chan, Fire Braine, Fire Clough. It's just plain unrational at this time. Yes we can always agree to disagree.

Belly:

I have never seen ENEMIES OF GT FOOTBALL HERE!! I have been categorized as one because of my feelings concerning this coach and that is so far removed from the truth and fact. For someone who gives to this school monetarily and season tix for a long time - my spirit for what I want positive to happen from the outside looking in is most important. I have a 16 year old who desparately wants to attend this school and I can't tell you how important that is to her and our family.

This umbrella called "Stingtalk" is a haven for those who love this school and are dedicated to all its programs - I know I am and I never stepped foot through the doors as a student (like a lot of others here). We are all speaking with our hearts here. We have a situation here that is defining our passion what ever side you are on. Aren't we all the same in our passion????
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes, dear, that's what I meant.

Welcome Aboard!!
I can't agree with you more and I have not been a person on this board who was happy with this hire nor his lack of progess and organization running this program. Your longevity as a fan and supporter is impressive. Like most ALL here want what you want - success on all fronts!!

I'm not a grad but have been a diehard for 29 years - you're 40+ years in more impressive then mine! You're disappoint is shared by many here - those for this coach and those who are not.

I too want this righted and don't want to wait, as I said yesterday - I don't want
smile.gif
to see success in football return to the Flats when I'm old and gray and they're wheeling me in from the HOME for my (1) game annual visit!

Hope you continue to post and once again WELCOME!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MTA, you've been a Tech fan for 29 years and you ain't gray? Must be Clairol...

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Welcome Aboard!!
I can't agree with you more and I have not been a person on this board who was happy with this hire nor his lack of progess and organization running this program. Your longevity as a fan and supporter is impressive. Like most ALL here want what you want - success on all fronts!!

I'm not a grad but have been a diehard for 29 years - you're 40+ years in more impressive then mine! You're disappoint is shared by many here - those for this coach and those who are not.

I too want this righted and don't want to wait, as I said yesterday - I don't want
smile.gif
to see success in football return to the Flats when I'm old and gray and they're wheeling me in from the HOME for my (1) game annual visit!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MTA, you've been a Tech fan for 29 years and you ain't gray? Must be Clairol...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">RW: Oh no, the gray is there the old isn't! We keep this up and the old may come through any minute.
mad.gif

I'm hoping when all is said and done, the heart holds up so I can enjoy Tech football again!!
frown.gif

I love you old man, and I too love the Yellow Jackets too. You are not wrong, keep it up!

......new to this board.

Finally, there is a place where a long-time
Tech fan can voice his opinion without being
called an O.F. or Old-Timer who has no clue.

I will not go back to the Hive to post, because
I do not wear gold-colored glasses as many of
those fonts over there do.

I have been attending Georgia Tech football games
for over 44 years, I have seen the good, the bad
and the ugly.

Let's face it our AD made the wrong hire just
as our former AD did when he hired B.L.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw
a CG team practice was the lack of discipline.
I said it then and I will say it now, this team
has no discipline and most of all no pride!

If I am not mistaken that starts with the HC, if
I am wrong tell me so.

I guess that our illustrious AD will finally
rid us suffering fans of our problem after the
team has a terrible won-loss, kinda like HR did
with BL.

Our football program was on the verge of some
good things, thanks to Coach O and Coach Frigden,
now look what has happened in one year.

I am getting too old to have to continue go
through rebuilding and coaching changes. If
I am wrong and if I have spoken out of place,
tell me. I am just an O.F who loves the Yellow
Jackets with "all his old heart!!!"

Old Timer, I am an old timer too and as such appreciate the opinions of those who have been around the block a few times with this grand old glorious football program.

In my book your analysis is right on target. Chan is a nice guy but not the right guy to coach Georgia Tech. Unfortunately, since Braine went to such great lengths to build Gailey up as the next Bobby Dodd, he now would look rather foolish to admit he made a bad hire. You can look for this to go on until it reaches the point of total humiliation and the old guard alumni force the President to clean house. The way things are going that won't take too far into the 2003 season. Unfortunately, for those who love Tech and all that it stands for we will have to suffer through and hopefully live long enough for another run to glory some brighter day in the future.

Thanks for your post and "To Hell with Georgia"!!

Go Jackets!

Welcome Aboard!!

smile.gif

it does appear that the evidence leads your to your conclusion.

if we are not .500 after the first 4 games I would just assume make a coaching change.

After watching UF and Alabama search for a head coach I am not under any illusion that it will be easy to find a great coach.

Maybe we should let Tenuta take the reigns.

oh yea welcome to stingtalk

Back