O'Leary Retiring

Front runner for the USCe spot?

Monday tee time with the former head ball coach?

Strange that he gave up AD duties just a few weeks ago to focus totally on being HC.

Hope O'Leary heard the new Adele and just walked out of the office crying forever.

Brent Key was coach in waiting...but they don't want him so he gets a $700k payday. Not a bad days work.

Things have obviously played out very differently but I always thought that O'Leary would be one of the guys that went out clean, on top (I always discounted the resume thing as best I could) and that some of his guys (if any are even still with him) including Goose (who isn't) would find their way back to the Flats. At this point, I suppose that may be for the best, except the fact that Godsey is moving up the ladder.

I hope he still has his lake house on Oconee and attends a few GT games per season.

He wanted to go ahead and retire so he could attend the 1990 reunion celebration :biggrin:

Monday tee time with the former head ball coach?

Strange that he gave up AD duties just a few weeks ago to focus totally on being HC.
If anyone thought these "retirements" were voluntary, I have some central FL swamp land I'd like to sell you. So Brent Key is available, if O'Leary left on good terms his hand chosen successor would have taken over.

If anyone thought these "retirements" were voluntary, I have some central FL swamp land I'd like to sell you. So Brent Key is available, if O'Leary left on good terms his hand chosen successor would have taken over.

Maybe we can get Key as a replacement for Sewak now.

I like George O'Leary and can't fault him for leaving for his dream job. Wasn't happy to hear about those player abuse accusations. I wish him well and honestly would be glad to have him back if CPJ were to leave for some reason.

I like George O'Leary and can't fault him for leaving for his dream job. Wasn't happy to hear about those player abuse accusations. I wish him well and honestly would be glad to have him back if CPJ were to leave for some reason.

Uh, absolutely not. I don't hate GOL but that man is 90 years old and is finishing up his career in a total ööööshow. Surely you're trolling, yes?

Nope. If CPJ were to leave, I would welcome back Bobby Ross too. Although I have no idea how old either of them are.

Back