On to Puke

I'm guessing the crowd will be less than anticipated with the mess folks are dealing with from Helene. South Georgia, Augusta, western North Carolina....

Very surprised we’re more than a FG favorite.

Me too. I see this as a trap game of sorts. Yes, they haven't played anyone of consequence and the tarholes are a reeling team right now, playing their 3rd string QB. I want to see Key and GT put the pedal to the metal and let up. I certainly want to see our running game off of life support after last week.

Me too. I see this as a trap game of sorts. Yes, they haven't played anyone of consequence and the tarholes are a reeling team right now, playing their 3rd string QB. I want to see Key and GT put the pedal to the metal and let up. I certainly want to see our running game off of life support after last week.
How is it a “trap game or sorts” coming off 2 losses in 3 games plus a “bye” week against a 5-0 team?

100% agreed. The OL blocking for the running game definitely needed the most work over the “bye” week.

How is it a “trap game or sorts” coming off 2 losses in 3 games plus a “bye” week against a 5-0 team?

100% agreed. The OL blocking for the running game definitely needed the most work over the “bye” week.
It's a trap game.

It's a trap game.
Only in the minds of fans. Georgia State was a “trap game” after beating FSU when people thought FSU was actually something more than a 3-4 win team. No one is “looking ahead” to a mediocre UNC team.

Only in the minds of fans. Georgia State was a “trap game” after beating FSU when people thought FSU was actually something more than a 3-4 win team. No one is “looking ahead” to a mediocre UNC team.

I hope not. For a team that's not used to winning consistently, any game can be a trap game in my opinion, especially after a win. On paper we should win this one but in the world of college football, ANYTHING can happen. Anything.

I hope not. For a team that's not used to winning consistently, any game can be a trap game in my opinion, especially after a win. On paper we should win this one but in the world of college football, ANYTHING can happen. Anything.
I think the definition “trap game” is being interpreted differently. Bowling Green for example last year was a “trap game” looking ahead past the opponent. To me playing a 5-0 team in Duke is just as big as playing FSU week 0. No reason at all for GT to look past Duke.

FSU sucked less preseason, but we broke their will to live. Same thing will happen to Duke after we beat them, their record will then tank.

It's a trap game.
IMG_6408.jpeg

Watching the Louisville game was painful due to the dumb mistakes and poor execution, and we would have won that game easily without the sloppiness. The bye was an opportunity to hopefully get those things corrected, and how we play on Saturday will be an indication of how good our coaching staff is. I think we will catch the Dukies on a 5-0 sugar high and destroy them.

Coming off a bitter loss and playing an unbeaten team. Lost to Duke last time we played them at home and players on this team remember that game. This isn’t a trap game. We’re dismissive of Duke as fans but players and staff will not be.

Coming off a bitter loss and playing an unbeaten team. Lost to Duke last time we played them at home and players on this team remember that game. This isn’t a trap game. We’re dismissive of Duke as fans but players and staff will not be.

We beat Duke in OT at BDS in 2022.

JRjr

Back