Open Letter to Chan

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
Chan,

We at the flats expect many things, we expect even in defeat for the team to play until the final whistle. We expect the coaches to prepare the team to play, we expect the team to make adjustments during the game, we expect the team to have effective leadership on the field, we expect you as the HC to provide off the field leadership.

Do I think you did any of this, the answer is a simple no! If you feel that at any time you can not provide this to Tech, the faithful and the fans in general, then it is up to you to make the changes.

While a manager in a fortune 500 company I would not for one minute let my employees do half a job and expect to get paid for it.

Where do I think you as HC failed let me for a minute list them for you.

1. QB on field leadership was abismal, it was up to you and the assistants to correct this you did not. Grade F-

2. Preparing the team to play, we beats some good teams, and lost to others that should have been a cake walk ie not prepared properly. Grade C-

3. Conditioning, the team although undermanned was not conditioned properly to play a full 60 minutes. Grade F

4. Off field leadership, No changes were made and you just seemed to shrug your shoulders when you saw mistake after mistake. Grade F-

5. Not using personel properly, you make very few personel adjustments if any. Grade F

6. Addressing the public, you either did not answer or came up with a lame answer. Grade D-

7. Recruiting, we may be able to excuse last year as you came in late and had to hit the ground running. Grade C-

8. Choosing good assistants, some good, most bad, correct the situation, maybe you have time to get the job done. Grade C-

To sum it all up Chan you just did not get the job done! You are here by notified you are on probation. Get in gear or get out thats up to you.

I for one even in victory did not see an inspired Tech team with 2 possible exception.

Tech Fan from birth

The Oldfoggy

Foggy, everything you said is true but be prepared for the FOCers.

Pretty good post. I'll have to give Chan a little credit for the Tony Hollings move, so he gets a C+ on item #5. Everything else is pretty much dead on.

GJ!

CDE, #5 was really meaning on field adjustments not prior to taking the field, the TH change was made prior to season starting. Thats why to me he still gets an F. Also as a manager when I appraised someone I let them know exactly where they stood and if DB doesn't then he should be on probation also.

Excellent summation Old Foggy of a poor job by Coach Gailey and staff. It takes extreme optimism to believe someone with 30 years of coaching experience can change his approach to his job overnight but that is what he has to do.

Just one question for old foggy:

Did you actually write this and send this in a real letter to Gailey with your actual name on it?

Being a fan for Coach Gailey I don't have a problem with this post. oldfoggy did a good job explaining. He didn't just hit and run with no real reason like a lot of posters do.

Should send this to Coach Gailey oldfoggy.

To answer your question no I did not send this to Chan or DB and yes I did write every word of it. I just felt that I had to get it off my chest. Besides since I have move from Huntsville Ala. to San Antonio I really don't know where to send it. Pls help and I will!

Oh yes guys Suzan and I were married today it's now been about 4 1/2 hours of married life. She just told me on our 1st night of marriage and you are on ST.

oldfoggy, contrats!!!!! on the big day for you and Suzan both. God Bless both of you.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:

Oh yes guys Suzan and I were married today it's now been about 4 1/2 hours of married life. She just told me on our 1st night of marriage and you are on ST.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good grief! I've heard of golf widows, but StinGTalk widows! After 4.5 hours?

PLAYERS PLAY THE GAME,OLD FOGGY!!

Congrats, OldFroggy!! Bee careful or she will sue ST for alienation of affection!!

Kiss a prince and turn into a frog.
rolleyes.gif

it is good to see someone, not looking thru gold colored glasses, chan cannot take this program to an acceptable level. it would be best for him to resign now, to prevent the enevitable at the end of next season.

To answer your question no I did not send this to Chan or DB and yes I did write every word of it. I just felt that I had to get it off my chest. Besides since I have move from Huntsville Ala. to San Antonio I really don't know where to send it. Pls help and I will!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Didn't mean to imply you didn't actually write this! I am sure you did.
grin.gif

I don't have a single problem with your assesment. I probably don't agree with all of it, but if you are totally serious AND want your voice to be heard....

Simply call GTAA and ask for a mailing address or an email address. You have a right to have it heard by the right people. Send them a real letter and they will listen. Heck send Chan an email.

News for you... this post didn't do squat for GT, it didn't help shape the future of GT, and Chan ain't giving a rat's arse what you have to say anonymously on Stingtalk OR The Hive (for those that do). I have no problems with getting things off your chest, but you went way beyond that. Take a breath and do someting that is actually productive for GT.

Just reality my friend.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Forgot about this part!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just married last March. It is awesome. I had to go to the equator to prevent myself from keeping up with GT stuff.

Trust me, if she knows about your addiction already she will make you pay in other ways. You can still keep posting!

Thanks to all of you here on ST and a few emails that I received with congrats for Suzan and I, she and I both thank all of you. We will be in Atlanta next fall for my beloved Yellow Jackets. Win or lose I'm with them. But not sure how much longer I can support CG, DB etc.

Old Foggy Congrats and we look forward to returning from that alien nation.

This is just my appraisal of CG that does not suggest that he can not become a good coach at the college level. I do not mean it to be negative of CG but rather of what I felt I saw this year.

Back