Orange Bowl Game Thread: GT vs. Iowa (GO JACKETS!)

Guys, Wommack ain't goin' nowhere. First half game ball is aaaall defense.

PJ's gotta pull sumptin' outta his ass in the 2nd half.

Perhaps it's true about having time to prepare for our defense. If so, I don't like our chances in a National Title game if that ever happens. When CPJ was at GSU, the playoffs didn't allow long periods of preparation because there was a game every weekend in that format.

Guys, Wommack ain't goin' nowhere. First half game ball is aaaall defense.

PJ's gotta pull sumptin' outta his ass in the 2nd half.

What, like new linemen?

This game falls in the "physical superiority" category. Our offensive linemen are getting devoured. One Iowa defender is shedding one block, shedding a 2nd block, and tackling the ball carrier.

There's no coaching adjustment that can fix this.

Only recruiting can fix this.

We have to get our minds right. J Dwyer has some half azse blocks..........

C'mon you D bashing pussies, you know who you are, where are you!?

Perhaps it's true about having time to prepare for our defense. If so, I don't like our chances in a National Title game if that ever happens. When CPJ was at GSU, the playoffs didn't allow long periods of preparation because there was a game every weekend in that format.

please don't start the fire paul johnson threads. i mean yes it's ugly yes i'm ****ing pissed but no it's not time to do anything rash...besides fire our D coordinator and maybe some other folks.

...I might go watch sportsnation and check out michelle beadle. she's kinda hot.

Win or Lose I am a GT FAN....come on fellas make us proud and show the NATION why you are in this game and that we belong at this level.....GO JACKETS let's bring out the MOJO for 3rd and 4th .....GO JACKETS

YYYYYYYYEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW

Hopefully they are putting on their old uniforms now. I think the new material is making it easier to shed blocks and tackle Nesbitt.

I'll still fire Wommack's ass today. You are crazy if you think iowa couldn't have scored more if they needed to. Ferentz just wanted to take a knee on that last possession.

I'll still fire Wommack's ass today. You are crazy if you think iowa couldn't have scored more if they needed to. Ferentz just wanted to take a knee on that last possession.

Don't agree he wasn't holding anything back....He knows that our offense is like handling a hand granade and is going to do some damage and that we are a quick scoring team!

Tom Brockaw hasn't jizzed his pants this much since....we went to the moon in 1969. He could probably go back to his alma mater and run for 10 yards on us right now.

C'mon you D bashing pussies, you know who you are, where are you!?

Jump off that high horse there, Lone Ranger. Our defense has played better than they have recently, I'll give them credit for that. But they have had plays where they have looked awful. I can count off the top of my head at least three plays where a receiver caught the ball with NO ONE remotely close to them, only to fall to the ground, sparing us from giving up a chunk of yards. For the two/three good plays Tarrant has had, he's been getting bitch slapped every other play.

Iowa did start marching down the field on us towards the end of the half as well. I'm glad we had some timely plays to twart that attempt.

Bottom line is that A.) Wommack isn't off the hook for our defense's ineptitude throughout the season. B.) The defense isn't off the hook yet, as there is still another half to play. I hope they continue to play as they are, as well as TIGHTEN UP THE ****ING COVERAGES! We're still giving ridiculous cushions, only to have Iowa eat that **** up.

Don't count your chickens yet on Wommack, even if our D finishes up with a great night.

Back