Orange Bowl thread.

This is a difficult game. We obviously need F$U to win but I am rooting for Northern Ill.

Dodd would have enjoyed that pooch punt.

How was that hit not flagged? That was leading with helmet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I watched some game earlier this week where the announcers were OBSESSED with helmet to helmet contact, even when there really wasn't anything there to talk about. And we as Tech fans have obviously been victimized by some really ticky-tack helmet to helmet calls at critical points in the game in the past.

FSU's defender just lowered the top of his helmet right into the side of the NIU QB's head at full speed, and there was no flag and no mention of it even after several replays.

I don't get it...

JRjr

This is a difficult game. We obviously need F$U to win but I am rooting for Northern Ill.

I'm a GT fan, not an ACC fan - I don't need FSU to do anything but lose for my entertainment.

JRjr

:turbonoes:I've got FSU -7.5 first half

I hate cheering for F$U, but am doing so for the sake of the conference. We'd never hear the end of it on ESPN if the ACC champ lost to NIU.

I hate cheering for F$U, but am doing so for the sake of the conference. We'd never hear the end of it on ESPN if the ACC champ lost to NIU.

At this point, "the ACC sucks" has taken on a life of its own, and no on-field performance is going to change that, so the outcome of any individual game is irrelevant. I'd love for NIU to win this game (though it's almost certainly not going to happen).

We won our bowl game - the rest of the conference can pound sand for all I care. :-)

JRjr

Absolutely worthless game unless you're an NIU player who will be able to tell his grandkids that he played against a real football team once. Nothing positive will come out of it for the ACC regardless of the outcome.

Nothing to lose for NIU, might as well take every chance they can to try to hang with them.

JRjr

I guess pushing a receiver out of bounds and to the ground isn't PI anymore?

JRjr

Can't stand FSU but the ACC record in the BCS really hurts conference perception. Not as much as Clemson, GT, and FSU all losing to the instate rivals though...

I want a meteorite to hit all the kids in these AT&T commercials.

JRjr

Back