Orange sucks

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
Our orange field sucks.
Our orange shakers suck.
The orange shirts that the bookstore is full of sucks.

Our colors are WHITE and Old Gold (not to mention the recent abomination of adding navy trim).
Our colors are NOT orange. If someone doesn't have old gold, yellow is an acceptable substitute (after all we are the yellow jackets and the yellow in the stadium looks fine). But the orange not only sucks but it needs to be banned.
Surely we can agree on this point. Carry on.
rant.gif

Old Gold is a REAL color. Why aren't we using it? Why are we using orange? It's completely unacceptable. I'm sure somebody has screwed up and we're stuck with the current batch but C'MON!!
pat.gif

I agree with the point on orange. But navy blue isn't an "abomnation." It's been a color since our first graduating class. At least now that it's one of our colors there won't bee as much confusion. And if you are insinuating that we need white on our field and not gold or yellow, I disagree. Yes, the order is White and then Old Gold but Old Gold IS in there. I personally like the design we used in 1999, specifically in the UGAg game. Too bad our complaints don't mean anything.

Hey, I would have liked the ORANGE BOWL
grin.gif

But seriously I agree 100% ..even with the part that "our complaints don't mean anything"

As far as the Navy Blue..I liked the old Navy Blue BBall court more than the current version...and didn't those BBall teams win more
pat.gif

I would, if we ever make a change, see us in gold hats, blue shirts (gold #'s?), and white pants.

The Jacket,
Can you elaborate on that??..I've seen this posted before. I'm just ignorant on the politics of uniforms. Who controls the uniform designs and if it is a contributor, who much does it costs to decide what the jerseys look like???

Agree with Beeware. The cheese color looks absolutely horrid. Why is it Tech is the only school that has a hard time coordinating colors- athletic dept., field crew, bookstore, shaker donors, etc.? Purdue and countless others seem to get the old gold down just fine. Don't want to get into the navy/black debate, but surely we can all agree to can the canary and cheese and commit to OLD GOLD!

Originally posted by The Jacket:
Way too much money preventing that tex.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That money didn't prevent the Institute from recently adding navy as an official color, and it hasn't prevented most of Tech's other teams from using navy as a predominant color in their uniforms. I'd say that in as short as ten years we'll see navy football jerseys. That "money" won't be around forever.

What "gold" color do the St. Louis Rams and the San Francisco 49'ers use?

I think the blue and gold on the Rams uniforms would look good for Tech too. And there must be a lot of this gold color around if a pro team uses it.

I agree that the blue jerseys with gold numbers looked great back when they were used. I have no problem with the current uniforms for most games if we could just get rid of the wimpy font for numbers. Block blue numbers look good!

Back