Other games thread

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
It’s the exact same score as it was at this point last week. I doubt Clemson gets to 73, but I don’t think it will be far off.
Well roddy just called them sluggish. I think we have a better team than Syracuse. We just had some players out and a bad game.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Well roddy just called them sluggish. I think we have a better team than Syracuse. We just had some players out and a bad game.
They were sluggish against us too. We forced Etienne’s first fumble in a year and ended Lawrence’s streak without an INT.

sthorfinnr

We The Vanguard Stockholders
Up 17-7 in the 2nd quarter, Clemson just ran a fake punt for a 1st down on Syracuse. Don't feel bad. They're having zero mercy on anyone.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
One thing I hadn't really considered is that Clemson may be posturing for the #1 overall seed in the CFP, and feel like they need to pour it on to make a statement. That could set them up with a Pac or Big 12 team as opposed to Ohio State.

Normally I'd say they'd have no chance for the top spot if Alabama is also undefeated, but with teams like Auburn and LSU way down this year, Bama's SEC run may not carry quite as much weight as usual.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
LOL ok. You have a good day. I’ll just keep pointing out simple facts and you can keep getting butthurt.
There is no fact to be had in an opinion of a team is playing sluggish. Keep patting yourself on the back, it’s working. Srsly

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I don't know that I'd say Clemson was "sluggish" against us early on, but they did have a miscue with the fumble and perhaps Lawrence should have thrown it away on the INT (my memory is a little blurry) but I'm inclined to say that was just a rare good defensive play for us.

johncu

Dodd-Like
There is no fact to be had in an opinion of a team is playing sluggish. Keep patting yourself on the back, it’s working. Srsly
I pointed out that the score is identical to ours, and listed two uncharacteristic mistakes that Clemson made against us.

Facts.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I keep having to remind myself that these Big Ten teams are still working out the kinks, despite it being nearly November.

What a time to be alive.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Fields should be 12/12 for over 200 yards. I hope he tears it up in the NFL and haunts dwag fans week after week.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
One thing I hadn't really considered is that Clemson may be posturing for the #1 overall seed in the CFP, and feel like they need to pour it on to make a statement. That could set them up with a Pac or Big 12 team as opposed to Ohio State.

Normally I'd say they'd have no chance for the top spot if Alabama is also undefeated, but with teams like Auburn and LSU way down this year, Bama's SEC run may not carry quite as much weight as usual.
This is my take. I posted it in another thread this week, but at one point last season Clemson slipped to #5 in the CFP rankings, then the following week, Penn St lost to Ohio St and Bama lost to LSU. Clemson moves up to #3, where they stayed until the playoffs.

eneq

Junior Varsity Lurker
I see that this year hasn’t changed tOSU getting gifted calls all the time.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
This is my take. I posted it in another thread this week, but at one point last season Clemson slipped to #5 in the CFP rankings, then the following week, Penn St lost to Ohio St and Bama lost to LSU. Clemson moves up to #3, where they stayed until the playoffs.
I vaguely remember that. IIRC Dabo was not too pleased. And given that they had to scrap and claw to beat Ohio State while LSU drew a clearly overmatched Oklahoma team, it makes sense if the staff is already thinking about that, even if they'd never come out and and say it.